I downloaded the gauge but I don't know how to add lines as per instructions below. Please help me.
1. You should first have installed Microsoft's DirectX v9.0b or higher drivers. You should also have installed Microsoft's latest Windows Media Player version 9 Series or higher for your operating system, which you can download at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player.asp
Make sure your Windows systray volume controls are not muted for the Play, Wave, MIDI and CD Audio controls. Also make sure your "Auto insert notification" box is unchecked in the \Properties\Settings for your CD/DVD ROM drive set through your Windows Control Panel System Device Manager.
2. Add the accompanying gauge file, radiocd4.gau, to the \Gauges directory of your FS2002/FS2004/CFS2/CFS3 program.
3. To use the gauge with a selected aircraft you need to edit (add lines to) the aircraft's panel.cfg file as you would to install any other gauge file. (E.g., call out the gauge as "radiocd4!radiocd" in your panel.cfg, e.g., as in the following call out: gaugeXX=radiocd4!radiocd,0,0,200)
The panel.cfg file is found in the \panel folder in your aircraft folder found in the main \aircraft folder in your main FS program directory. The simplest way of doing the editiing is with a text editing program such as "Notepad". *** BE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF YOUR ORIGINAL panel.cfg FILE FIRST ***
The following is an example of what to do:
- In the [Window Titles] section of the panel.cfg, add the line:
where '**' is the next free window number.
For the default FS2004 Cessna 172 ONLY !!: '**' is 06
- After the last [Window..] section of the panel.cfg, add the lines (use copy/paste to avoid typing errors):
window_size= 0.293, 0.121
window_pos= 0.707, 0.000
gauge00=radiocd4!radiocd, 0, 0, 300