eBay Addiction?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Is there such thing as an eBay addiction? The reason I'm asking is because I'm now buying about 2-3 items per day on eBay, and my family thinks this qualifies as an addiction.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

One can become addicted to just about anything. The important question here is, are you buying things you actually need?

Try this test. Stay off ebay for a few days. If you feel uncomfortable doing so, you're addicted.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

...are you buying things you actually need?

I feel I need them! I've been buying political pins and matches.

CrashGordon wrote:

Try this test. Stay off ebay for a few days. If you feel uncomfortable doing so, you're addicted.

I don't think I could do that 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well, I'm not a psychologist. I don't even play one on TV. So, I am not going to make a diagnosis.

It isn't any of my business, but how much are you spending on ebay each day?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Well, I'm not a psychologist. I don't even play one on TV. So, I am not going to make a diagnosis.

It isn't any of my business, but how much are you spending on ebay each day?

$20-$50 USD
At least it's not in the thousands, or even hundreds!

Pro Member Chief Captain

I buy a lot of FS addons but I don't feel compelled to do so. If someone suggested to me that I not buy any for a few days or weeks. I could do so. In fact, I've pretty much run out of new addons that I want.

When you tell me you can't stop for a few days, I am concerned. Compulsion is an essential component of addiction.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I buy a lot of FS addons but I don't feel compelled to do so. If someone suggested to me that I not buy any for a few days or weeks. I could do so. In fact, I've pretty much run out of new addons that I want.

When you tell me you can't stop for a few days, I am concerned. Compulsion is an essential component of addiction.

Speaking of compulsion, I think I have OCD, or I am just "germ-o-phobic". That may have something to do with it....

Pro Member Chief Captain

I think the answer would be best found by consulting a professional in that area.

I don't think any of us is qualified.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I have heard of people why claim to be addicted,but whether the medical profession see that way Dont Know I have had some great buys,one was for a amp for my hifi which was collect only,as it was not that far I put a bid in for £40 and won
The best bit was the guy had bundled a Sony cassette deck and a Sony tuner in as well
I later sold the tuner for £75 and the tape deck for £30 .All in all a great deal 😂

I used to use it a lot untill my account got hacked and £800 worth of pc game characters was bought for a game I had never heard of(3 were for £200 each 😳 )cant seem to do that with fs Crying or Very sad

All turned out well in the end with Paypal(now owned by ebay) refund all monies

Do I still use Ebay Nope

Will I again ? Umm... Maybe,as I still look now and again

Ermm... Thinking about I used to buy stuff I thought I needed Embarassed

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...