VatSim Q

Hi everyone...

One question about VatSim (ive just downloaded all the software and am learning before I get stuck in)..

I realise you have to file a flightplan before you fly, can I create and log my flightplan using the default Flight Planner in FS2004??

Many Thanks

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

You can't use the flightplan that FS gives you because its not detailed enough. It leaves out SID's and STAR's aswell as airways. Have a look at this post:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11026/how-do-i-file-correct-flightplan-on-vatsim/

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

A little clarification here. For GA VFR flying on Vatsim, you can probably get by with FS flight plans, though I would probably avoid the busier airports.

There is a site that provides preferred online routes, but I haven't had my first coffee of the morning and can't recall the url. Maybe someone can jump in with it. FSBuild is the ideal solution, however. Better routes and SIDs and STARs are provided by it. Unfortunately, it's payware.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

For VFR, I have often not even used aeronautical waypoints, I normally just given a brief description of where I am flying i.e. ...east across the North coast of france and then south to Paris etc etc

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Yes, you certainly can do that. However, since even the FS flight planner does a decent job of avoiding unnecessary transitioning of controlled airspace, I usually create and file flightplans.

Even offline, I rarely just fly around. Even in the real world I rarely walk out the door without knowing where I am going in advance.

Thanks for this guys...

With FS Build, will this load the flightplan into my GPS as well?

Is there a freeware alternative??

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

FSBuild will load this into your GPS and there is sort off a freeware version. Called FS Navigator it gives you 20 flights free then you have to pay. Here's the link ➡

Regards,

Liono

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...