CD 4 Wont Work during installation

Pro Member Trainee
Prankstaa84 Trainee

Hey guys, wondering if anyone could help me regarding an installation problem I am having. Purchased FS2004 while on vacation in the US (I live in Australia) When Installing I get as far as being asked to insert CD 4, however CD 4 refuses to respond ? It is not scratched, it is brand new and is an official microsoft copy. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated 😀

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Welcome to the site!

Why not just used the no-cd crack and you won't have to put the disk in.

They are in our "Cracks Section" for members.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads.html
If you have it patched use 9.1, if it isn't patched use 9.0.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Prankstaa84 Trainee

Thanks for the welcome 😂

The only thing is by that point it has only installed approximately 70% of the needed files, does CD 4 contain any files or is it simply the play only disc ? 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Put the disk in your caddy, then try the following.
My Computer/"D' drive/double click on it/when it opens the disk, click on the install or exe icon whichever it is.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't think you need disk 4. just put the no-cd crack in and see if you can launch the sim

If you want to try this it's harmless.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=eae20f0f-c41c-44fe-84ce-1df707d7a2e9&displaylang=en

Read http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;228985

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Prankstaa84 Trainee

Tried everything you suggested. unfortunately it seems that up to CD 4 the install meter only says that 70% of the game has been installed (Prior to asking me to insert CD 4). Tried entering the D drive and manually accessing the setup file but it isnt even showing up in there. Perhaps the CD is faulty, I may have to send it back to microsoft? Also tried the no CD crack and clicked on the modified f9.exe trying to access the game (once I replaced the default one) and it states " The scenery.cfg file is damaged or missing, please reinstall the game) this would then indicate that there are important files on CD 4 🙄

Oh well, I appreciate your time and assistance, many thanks 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you can, load it on another computer to see if it's the disk or your cd drive.
Then you can contact MS.

Sorry!

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Prankstaa84 Trainee

hey you are right, I installed it on my lap top and had no problems ?
First time I have had a problem with my CD drive.

thanks 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Prankstaa84 wrote:

hey you are right, I installed it on my lap top and had no problems ?
First time I have had a problem with my CD drive.

thanks 🙂

Before you junk it try to clean it with a Cleaning CD.Maybe it will save you some time before totally ...dies... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you do as Greekman said and it still wont work then the drive (most likely a burner) is the culprit.
Maybe you can add a cd-drive only to your system, you can pick them up for under $25 U.S., I've seen them as low as $10.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Have you tried copying the entire CD to a folder on your Hard Drive?

If it copies it cant be corrupt. Maybe you can install Disk 4 from the folder too.

Just a thought. 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
Prankstaa84 Trainee

suggestions all noted and will attempt to try them all, stay tuned for the results Wink

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...