trouble with the J-3 cub on take off

Billies the One Guest

I'm not normally into games, but this is one of the most enjoyable games I've ever seen! But I'm a newbie and am having trouble with
the plane turning to the left as it accelerates. I'm twisting the stick to the right (to compensate with the rudder) but the rascal keeps heading to the left. Am I leaving something locked, like the brakes? (I've tried turning them off)

Joe

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hey and welcome to flyaway 😉

Propeller aircraft have a natural left turning tendency due to the direction the propeller spins. Try controlling the aircraft with differential brakes (F11 and F12) or you can turn off the left turning tendency in the menu under Aircraft --> Realism

😉 Good luck!

Billies the One Guest

Thanks for the reply, Jon! I'll give it a try.

Joe

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

No problem 😉 Come back with any other problems or queries 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Maybe you need to calibrate your joystick. 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The Piper Cub is a real rudder aircraft. It will teach you to use the rudder like no other aircraft. That's why it has been and still is a great trainer. Rudder pedals are the best way of controlling the rudder but a twist joy stick will work. Make sure that your rudder sensitivity in turned up and that the Null zone is very small on your controller configuration settings. You also have the option of using auto rudder. On takeoff, don't jam all of the power in at once. Feed the power in slowly and this will help you control the left turning tendencies. The Cub doesn't require much runway so you have time on all but the shortest strips. The Cub can be almost impossible to takeoff from high altitude airports(over 5000 ft.) Sometimes you need differential braking to keep her from becoming a ATV.🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...