performance decrease

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Ever since I had the Pop up problem (which is now fixed) The flight sim performance has been really bad I get about 6 FPS when cruising in clear skies Mad My commputer always seems to be loading something in the backround I can here it. I cant spot any programs running maby it is hidden some how I have scanned with Avast and Ad-Aware but it doesnt find anything really bad 😕 Any ideas ❓

Thanks

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Are you on cable or DSL where you are always on line?

I'm on cable and I get unexplained activity on my hard drive, I think it has to do with auto updates at least most of the time, but I have wondered about it at times.

I have nothing on my computer that is secret, but you do have to wonder about the possibility of a virus.

OK, you cleaned up the adware/spyware, but have you used a registry checker to clean up your registry? That can slow a computer down considerably. I use Registry Mechanic, but it's not free and I find bad entry's all the time.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

All I can tell you to do is a very time consuming task.

Open your task manager (right click on the task-bar and click on taskmanager).
Start at the top, write down each task that is running, exactly the way it is and then launch your browser and do a Google search on each and every one to see if you have any spyware running in the background.

If your hard drive is grinding when you fly it's looking for something and may need a defrag, if it grinds like that all the time then it's getting ready to die, maybe tomorrow maybe in a year but it should be quiet.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Except the others correct advices i could suggest also to check the programms are running on background with the following program ➡

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2948/fsautostart-v11/

Let us know your results from anything you try Ranald. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

The others may be completely right, but I had a similar problem here and got it sorted. I had run a lot of Spyware programs etc and my computer was constantly making the processing noise that it makes and my CPU was running at 100% apparently. Hijack This fixed all of that:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11384/computer-problem/

😉

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Thanks for all the advise I will try everything to get my FS running properly agian

RadarMan wrote:

All I can tell you to do is a very time consuming task.

Open your task manager (right click on the task-bar and click on taskmanager).
Start at the top, write down each task that is running, exactly the way it is and then launch your browser and do a Google search on each and every one to see if you have any spyware running in the background.

If your hard drive is grinding when you fly it's looking for something and may need a defrag, if it grinds like that all the time then it's getting ready to die, maybe tomorrow maybe in a year but it should be quiet.

Radar

Damn it! it better not be going becouse I got a new 120GB HD about 2 months ago the other one just failed for no reason at all 😳 Yes there is a lot of horrible grinding Crying or Very sad WarHawk I have just started to use easycleaner to clean my registry. Greekman I have been using FSautoStart for a while now

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I just checked what my CPU usage was and it is very high 😳 its running from about 80 to 100% all the time

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

ranald wrote:

I just checked what my CPU usage was and it is very high 😳 its running from about 80 to 100% all the time

Check the programs are running in background my friend.Something runs.

Run this program.➡

http://www.downseek.com/download/21692.asp

It contains except from a good registry cleaner,catalogs from your installed programs and your start up ones.You can remove what you dont need.Feel free to ask or google anything you dont know from them 😉

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Thanks greekman I will try it after I type this 🙂 Yes I have just run Spyware Doctor and it found 24 infections and I my PC has been Hijacked 2 times 😳 Mad I thought good I will get rid of these but then Spyware Doctor tells me I have to register first Evil or Very Mad so it hasnt fixed it

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Keep on with your work and we all are here to help Ranald.
Dont get mad and watch your steps to avoid...Format Fear Fear Fear 😂 😉

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I seemed to have fixed it after scanning with about 14 different Spyware and Adware claening out my registry a few times and using Hijack this.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

ranald wrote:

I seemed to have fixed it after scanning with about 14 different Spyware and Adware claening out my registry a few times and using Hijack this.

Glad to hear it 😉

Group Wave

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

ranald wrote:

😂 😂 😂

Thats great ranald 👍

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

😀 yea thanks for the help

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You have done the hard part my friend not us. 😉 👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...