Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Planes VS Boats

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Do you think there are more aircraft or boats in the world?

I would guess there are more passenger boats than planes, but dont forget the personally owned craft, aswell as cargo, ferries etc etc

Also, are there more runways or boat jettys?

I would guess aircraft are more popular because they never made a boat simulator did they? LOL

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

I would guess aircraft are more popular because they never made a boat simulator did they? LOL

Silent Hunter might qualify as a boat sim, I don't know.

its liam Guest

i would say there are more aircraft in the world be cause if you think there are about 600 737-200 in the sky worldwide as as we speak Rolling Eyes

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Boat sim,silent hunter and Virtual sailor,destroyer command and sail sim. Rolling Eyes
I think boats are probably more popular becaus they're cheaper(for a small one)and the licsence is cheaper.I also think there are more boat jetties if you count the really small private ones.

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I would guess aircraft are more popular because they never made a boat simulator did they?

Boat sim,silent hunter and Virtual sailor,destroyer command and sail sim.

LOL, I didn't realise there were so many!!! BTW, when I said they I was referring to Microsoft

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Just done a count Rolling Eyes - established that there are more boats in Hongkong harbour than there are aircraft in the world- (Qualification - the boats must be floating and the aircraft able to fly) Very Happy

What's our next thought for the day???

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

davec wrote:

Just done a count Rolling Eyes - established that there are more boats in Hongkong harbour than there are aircraft in the world- (Qualification - the boats must be floating and the aircraft able to fly) Very Happy

What's our next thought for the day???

I think boats out number planes many times over. Anyone can own and operate a boat but that can't be said about planes (I didn't take a count). Laughing

mattb1129 Guest

You can get boats from www.simviation.com!
they have all sorts! crusers to battle ships! Laughing

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Mr Google gives these numbers - taken from a messageboard and supported by links. I can't vouch for their accuracy:

Active GA Aircraft: 312,000
Passenger Aircraft: 17,700
Military Aircraft: 89,130
Civil Helicopters: 26,500
Military Helicopters: 29,700

Total inc. helicopters: 597,090

Boats it's a bit trickier. Although ocean-going boats need to be registered, boats that operate only on private waterways don't. So do we count the little canoes that you can rent at the local park? Pedalo-style things that folk take out into the Med?

I'm stuck, sadly. Confused