Planes VS Boats

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Do you think there are more aircraft or boats in the world?

I would guess there are more passenger boats than planes, but dont forget the personally owned craft, aswell as cargo, ferries etc etc

Also, are there more runways or boat jettys?

I would guess aircraft are more popular because they never made a boat simulator did they? LOL

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

I would guess aircraft are more popular because they never made a boat simulator did they? LOL

Silent Hunter might qualify as a boat sim, I don't know.

its liam Guest

i would say there are more aircraft in the world be cause if you think there are about 600 737-200 in the sky worldwide as as we speak 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Boat sim,silent hunter and Virtual sailor,destroyer command and sail sim. 🙄
I think boats are probably more popular becaus they're cheaper(for a small one)and the licsence is cheaper.I also think there are more boat jetties if you count the really small private ones.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I would guess aircraft are more popular because they never made a boat simulator did they?

Boat sim,silent hunter and Virtual sailor,destroyer command and sail sim.

LOL, I didn't realise there were so many!!! BTW, when I said they I was referring to Microsoft

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Just done a count 🙄 - established that there are more boats in Hongkong harbour than there are aircraft in the world- (Qualification - the boats must be floating and the aircraft able to fly) 😀

What's our next thought for the day???

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

davec wrote:

Just done a count 🙄 - established that there are more boats in Hongkong harbour than there are aircraft in the world- (Qualification - the boats must be floating and the aircraft able to fly) 😀

What's our next thought for the day???

I think boats out number planes many times over. Anyone can own and operate a boat but that can't be said about planes (I didn't take a count). 😂

mattb1129 Guest

You can get boats from www.simviation.com!
they have all sorts! crusers to battle ships! 😂

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Mr Google gives these numbers - taken from a messageboard and supported by links. I can't vouch for their accuracy:

Active GA Aircraft: 312,000
Passenger Aircraft: 17,700
Military Aircraft: 89,130
Civil Helicopters: 26,500
Military Helicopters: 29,700

Total inc. helicopters: 597,090

Boats it's a bit trickier. Although ocean-going boats need to be registered, boats that operate only on private waterways don't. So do we count the little canoes that you can rent at the local park? Pedalo-style things that folk take out into the Med?

I'm stuck, sadly. 😕

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...