Wind at EGKK

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hey,

I was wondering because im going plane spotting at EGKK on Saturday, what rwy will the aircraft be taking off and landing on?

The Wind is due to be 6mph, North Westerly.

Can you tell me which RWY they will be using with these appropriate winds?

The RWY Numbers are 8 and 26.

Thanks

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest

Easterly ops (08R)
Westerly ops (26L)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I've just double checked, and it is likely the aircraft will be landing on runway 08. The wind is north westerley at 6 miles per hour so you should take off and land into the wind which is west i.e. runway 08. Check the weather on Saturday morning because it is a slight cross wind at the moment so could change http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3222 😉

Steve, do you use a airband scanner?

Don Wood Guest

I don't know if this is true in England but, in the US, most airports have a local telephone number that you can call to listen to the current ATIS broadcast. That will tell you which runway is in use at that time. Be aware that if wind chnages, the runway being used may also change after you have heard ATIS.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...