Superbowl XL

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

I 've been doodling again and it would seem that there is big day in Detroit on Sunday - I think there is some form of football game on there and it would seem that probably more than 60% of Americans will be watching it on TV as well as millions throughout the world.
Here is my contribution to the day.

I apologise in advance for any inaccuracies in the football details.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Very nice textures Dave. Which graphics editor did you use?

Pro Member Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Which graphics editor did you use?

I use Serif's PhotoPlus 10 - which also reads PSP format - much less complex than Adobe PaintShop - and has probable more options - and a lot cheaper.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Very cool paint job. It's estimated that world wide there will be 1 billion watching the game.

(Seahawks by 10) 🙄

Radar

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Very cool paint job. It's estimated that world wide there will be 1 billion watching the game.

(Seahawks by 10) 🙄

Radar

1 billion... 😳 😳 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

davec wrote:

I use Serif's PhotoPlus 10 -

Thanks. Wasn't aware that PhotoPlus 10 could produce such nice, shiny textures.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Another one Masterpiece from great Mr. Dave C. Bow Down

Pro Member Captain

Tailhook wrote:

davec wrote:

I use Serif's PhotoPlus 10 -

Thanks. Wasn't aware that PhotoPlus 10 could produce such nice, shiny textures.

Believe that most good quality photo editors can produce same effects - all tied up with the Alpha layer and it's manipulation - mostly the old 'trial and error' method which is the norm for repainting - fairly complex process to explain but it works - most of the time 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Ahhh.. ...the Alpha layer and it's manipulation - thanks for the info Dave.

Pro Member Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Ahhh.. ...the Alpha layer and it's manipulation - thanks for the info Dave.

It seemed like a nice turn of phrase to use for a can of worms😂
In most of the tutorials I've read, the instructions are difficult to follow - I am a sort of DIY man, hence the trial and error method suits me fine.
I remember the first time I successfully got a metallic/reflective/shiny surface to work - I had gone through so many steps that I forgot most of the process Embarassed . But I am improving, I remembered half the process when I painted the Superbowl XL. Another 50 or so shiny paints and I'll have it off pat - who let that Irishman in here 😉 !!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...