Problems with additpro and tornato?

Pro Member Trainee
anile_eight Trainee

shoot the emoticon erased my message srry.. but what i did say was.. that when i open additpro and try to install the tornado there is the main folder but 3 files in it.. then there are is a nother folder in that folder with a lot of sub folders in it.. and i can't see to install al the diles becuase there in those folders soo do i have to make then into one giant folder to is there a way that i can do it with out
thanks

Answers 21 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Some members here use additpro -- until one shows up, you can try and create a temporary folder, extract the contents of your .zip file into that folder (don't use additpro) and find the readme file.

It's possible that the aircraft you're trying to install has a self-installer in which case you wouldn't need additpro.

Pro Member Trainee
anile_eight Trainee

i extracted the files.. but it does not have a self installer.. the files go like this: there genereal file for tornado then it has the aircraft, effects, gauges, moduels, sound then three oter files... then the aircraft part splits into 12 separate folders.. effects has one other folder... gauges has one other folder moduels doesn't ahve a nother folderin it..and neitehr does sounds. but when i open addit pro and click on the man folder there three extra files that are not folders show up only then when i click on aircraft the other folders comeup then i have to click on each of there separatly.. is there a way taht i can jsut install them that actually works with all these folders or do i have to use one giant folder with everything in it..? thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Without using add-it you would read the read-me that came with the download and then follow it and the instructions in this link.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

With addit pro, you do not extract the files, just select the entire zip file, it should do the rest. I am not sure which plane you are working on, so I downloaded a couple of tornado's and installed them without a problem. Let me know which one you are trying and I will be happy to give it a shot and report back how it went.

Pro Member Trainee
anile_eight Trainee

alrighty i'll give it a shot and if i doesn't work.. i'll tell ya what one it is.. thanks

Pro Member Trainee
anile_eight Trainee

ya.. i put them into a zip folder then the when i went to look for it in additpro it didn't show the folder. so i do not know waht to do.. i downloaded the FS2004 RAF Tornado GR4/A Version 3.2 version.. i's on the 4th page 3/4 the way down... thx for ur help..

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

OK, this is what i did.
I downloaded the Dsb_tornado_32.zip file to a known directory
Closed the download diaglog box.
opened Addit-Pro
clicked select addon
single clicked (or highlighted) Dsb_tornado_32.zip from my download dir.
clicked OK
Clicked finish
I'm all done
I think you must have unzipped it Addit-pro will take care of all that for you. See if you can find the original zip file.
i'm gonna go for a test flight.

Good luck.

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

sorry, I meant to say the tornado gr4

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Well, i flew it, and removed it.
It had no VC, and the readme asked me to go in and edit some lines in the config. to make it more functional.......besides, your not going to get very much FSPassengers income in a fighter jet 😀

Pro Member Trainee
anile_eight Trainee

lol.. ya. true.. hmm i'll see what i can do.. lol.. i just downloaded the eagle soo i'll see what i can do there..
give me a sec..hmm the zip file does not show up at all in additpro..

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

You need to tell addit pro where it is located. I recomend creating a folder for your FS4 downloads. Then just browse that folder in additpro. It will remember where you found it so that finding your next zip file will be automatic.

hmm this is what i do when i download a plane.. i save it to the fs2004 aircraft folder... i find it as a zip folder.. then when i look in additpro.. i can't find it.. and if it is any different.. how do i tell it where to look.. i go into install then find addon file.. then i can't find the .zip files anywhere!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

hmm this is what i do when i download a plane.. i save it to the fs2004 aircraft folder... i find it as a zip folder.. then when i look in additpro.. i can't find it.. and if it is any different.. how do i tell it where to look.. i go into install then find addon file.. then i can't find the .zip files anywhere!!!

I'd suggest you don't save your downloads straight to the fs9 aircraf folder.
Instead, create a folder especially for your downloads - give it a name such as "FS-Downloads" and keep this folder on your desktop. This way you will always know where to find your downloads Idea

Pro Member Trainee
anile_eight Trainee

heyt.. ight. i did that and made a new folder.. on my desktop.. but i can't get to my desktop.. but additpro can only look in C:.. so in my case it has to be with in the C: drive.. but really finding them isn't my .. problem. i got hte advice that i should leave it as it is.. then open it with additpro.. but it DOES NOT reccognize .zip files.. soo my question is.. how do i install them..?... like do i have to unzip it.. and hwen i do.. there are a bunch of sub folder.. and i can't install them all at the same time.. i have to install the seperatly.. or do i have to put all the files into one GIANT folder??? thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

anile_eight wrote:

.. soo my question is.. how do i install them..?... like do i have to unzip it.. and hwen i do.. there are a bunch of sub folder.. and i can't install them all at the same time.. i have to install the seperatly.. or do i have to put all the files into one GIANT folder??? thanks

I assume you're the same person who above posted as guest. That makes it very confusing.

I find it extremely difficult to understand what you are saying, so we're back at the guessing game.

I don't know whether in this query you are actually including the use of additpro or not. This is important because the procedures from start to finish are different. I told you at the beginning that I don't use additpro. Jelami who uses it came along and helped you.
If you are using additpro I suggest you follow Jelami's advice and read the manual or 'how to use documentation' that comes with additpro.

If you have problems understanding the "How to use additpro instructions", you can always come back and ask. One question at a time.

I can't help you because I don't use additpro and I don't understand your language. Sorry. 😉

Pro Member Trainee
anile_eight Trainee

hey .. ya.. srry for the confusion.. ya.. it's the same.. person.. soo if u do not use additpro.. then what do u use.. /how do u install them.. cuz i am also confused.. thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

anile_eight wrote:

hey .. ya.. srry for the confusion.. ya.. it's the same.. person.. soo if u do not use additpro.. then what do u use.. /how do u install them.. cuz i am also confused.. thanks

All right, let's try again.

Create a folder in 'My Documents'. Name it: 000FS_Downloads. Move the .zip folder of your Tornado or whatever aircraft you're trying to install at this moment into the folder you've just created.
Open the folder 000FS_Downloads. Right-click on the .zip folder you want to install/extract. You'll get a drop-down menu... select (click on) Extract All....
Click on Next. Click on Next again. Click on Finish.

Now you should have one folder and maybe another textfile. We are interested in the folder. NOTE: This folder is an ordinary folder - not a .zip folder.

Everything ok so far?

Pro Member Trainee
anile_eight Trainee

YES!! ya were good soo far.. so i got the tornado and f-18 unziped.. into NORMAL files.. lol.. thanks.. and then next?.. my f-18 goes straight into the aircraft effect and guauges.. where as my tornado.. goes into dsb_tornadogr4_32 then it goes into aircraft gauges sound effects and moduels.. thanks for the help!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm happy we've got the teething problems out of the way. Now all you have to do is follow these instructions ➡ https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Happy flying! 😀

hey i followed the 1st set of instruction.. and it still does not work.. i put the folder into the aircraft folder under fs2004.. and the plane does not come up in flight sim.. 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

hey i followed the 1st set of instruction.. and it still does not work.. i put the folder into the aircraft folder under fs2004.. and the plane does not come up in flight sim.. 😞

Tell us exactly what the aircraft is, the zip file name and if possible a link so one of us could download it and try it out for you.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...