Sound Issue

Pro Member Trainee
jameshetfield Trainee

For a while now Ive been experiencing an annoying engine "buzz" sounds kind of like the buzz you get in a car stereo if its not grounded right. I thought at first it was normal, but my nephew doesnt have this problem. As per the MS support forum, i reinstalled my sound driver and adjusted the dx sound acceleration, but the ATC sounds horrible. What can i do to fix this? I have over 500 aircraft and about as many sceneries installed so if I can get away without uninstalling/deleting everything that would be great. but if need be, i will.

thanks in advance
Phil

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try method 1.
I would also check your speakers connection and be sure it doesn't have any corrosion on it and that all the connections are tight.

Does it happen with any other "games".

Radar

Aleady tried that. with the acceleration all the way down it isnt there (ot at least reduced enough where you cant hear it) but the ATC voice is so distorted that you can hardly understand it.

It only happens in FS2004, i know thats a key sign that i should reinstall, but like i said above, i have a lot od addons installed and will try anything possible before having to reinstall 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Another thought is to try put the CD1 in your drive and run the repair choice.
Probably it will fix the possible errors or corrupted files.Before you do this and in order to avoid some bigger damage(you never know)create a restore point to your system.

If it happens only to FS probably something must be damaged in FS's file sounds.
In worst case that you have to re-install FS,before you un-install it, Back up the entire Aircraft Folder and after the fresh installation replace the existing one with the back-up one so you will have all of your add-ons back.
But if the problem starts from a sound package of a craft maybe you will notice it again,although i think that its not from there since you have bad ATC sound.The ATC sounds are located in the default FS sounds folder.

It needs a litle time and searching my friend. 😕

Let us know. 😉

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Hi Guest,

I also had these same problems.

My ATC and fs2004 lesson instructers where really crackerly, and also when I lowered/raised flaps or bought the landing gear down/up, the sound stuttered a lot.

I also have the same problem in the sims 2.

These days ATC and the instructers are fine in fs2004, but the flaps and landing gear still stutter. I normally quickly hit "Q" twice in a row to solve that though.

The Sims 2 is still compleatly screwed but I fixed fs2004 by removing my defualt motherboard "on board" sound card.

Also, what sound card are you using? I am using a "Creative SB AudioPCI 64V" which is quite old, but I only have it installed because it had a gameport connection for my old non-usb joystick which I have now got rid of.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Cheeky you think that its a sound cards problem?Im asking because i think that ,if its true ,he and you, must have problems with the sound in general...
Im not try to be rude or the smart guy of the company...i make it clear my friend 😉 ...i just ask from curiosity and from willing to discuss it. 🙂 😉

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Hi GM,

Yep, I think it's a sound card problem because mine is quite an old one- hence the sound issues with the newer games.

Do you think I should get a new one though? I have idea out sound card specs or anything so could you or someone else reading this reccomend any?

By the way, I slid the 'Sound Acceleration" slider from Full to None in the DXDIAG window, and haven't noticed any differance in preformace accpet when I contact ATC, my transmittion is read out as normal but ATC reply too soon and don't let the last few words of my transmittion get spoken- weird! Has this happened to anyone else?

Also GM, no need to be apoligetic, I know you wern't being rude. Thanks for disscussing my problems with me 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

No need to thank for anything Cheeky 🍻 .
Well im not the right person to suggest you a sound card cause i have never use one,and probably i wont in the future.I always use my MOBOs line out and never have problems with my sound.Try it too before spend some money for soundcard.
Im sure that there are a lot of guys here who knows about it and they will soon give some useful infos. 😉

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I always use my MOBOs line out and never have problems with my sound.Try it too before spend some money for soundcard.

Hi GM- thanks for the advice.

I just tried plugging my speakers into the original motherboard line out but no sound came out!

Hmm, I don't really know what to do from here apart from suggesting that prehaps this thread should be moved to the Hardware forum?

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I just tried downloading and installing the Sound Blaster PCI driver and it came up with this error message:

WTF ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

I always use my MOBOs line out and never have problems with my sound.Try it too before spend some money for soundcard.

Hi GM- thanks for the advice.

I just tried plugging my speakers into the original motherboard line out but no sound came out!

Hmm, I don't really know what to do from here apart from suggesting that prehaps this thread should be moved to the Hardware forum?

Be sure you have install the MOBOs sound drivers and also(just in case) be sure that you plug your speakers jack in the light green MOBOs one.Also,as im sure you already know very well ,be sure that that you havent mute your sound from sound options in control panel.

About the card problem,if i was in your place i will open my case remove the sound card and put it in another slot.Then start and see what will happens.Windows must find the new hardware and guide you through the wizard to the installation of it.With this way we ensure if the sound card is ok or not.If it works try it to the old slot.If its not working your MOBO maybe have problem...if it works...good for you 😉 😂 ❗

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

RGR that Greekman, I'll try that later and let you know what happens.

Thanks

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...