PMDG B737NG engine start problems.

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

Hello dear PMDG users,

I have a small problem with starting my engines. I have read the manual pretty carefully and understood the procedure for engine start etc, but still don't know how to do it. After I start FS9 my engines are running. First thing I do is press F12 to shut down the fuel flow and electricity to ignition. I wait a little bit and open fuel valves again.

As you can see from the screenshot from the manual. You have to put the engine switches on GRD and then ensure fuel valves are open and then put the ignition switch on one of the positions you have to choose. Ok, I've done it, and then what? Nothing happens, nothing goes up, no ignition what so ever.
When I'm fed up with this I'm pressing ctrl+E but still it takes very long time for both engines to go fully up. Is this normal? Has anyone also have this problems?

If any PMDG user know how to do this please share your knowledge with me. Thanks.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well make sure that your APU bleed is the ONLY blled air on when starting. Keep the engine bleeds off until after start.

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

Have done as you said man, didn't change anything. What the heck am I doing wrong...? Doh!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I don't have your program but it sounds like you don't have air going to the engine. Make sure, via the pneumatic systems page, that you have air going to the engine from the APU. Jet engines are started Pneumatically. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Have a read over this ➡

http://www.fsstation.com/tutorials/pmdg737ng.html

I found this very helpfull in starting from a cold and dark setup.

Liono.......Wisdom comes to these who waits ❗ ❗

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

The engines not starting sounds like the APU isn't started. Ground-Power is all well and good for your electrical systems, but you definitly need the APU on to get the engines going. Make sure you don't skip that step when you load up, since I don't believe that is started automatically.

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

🤔 will have to check that...

Thank you guys, will let you know if it's worked. Bow Down

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...