no motion in VC view

Pro Member Trainee
nadaman Trainee

For some reason since reinstalling the sim i no longer seem to have any motion in the VC view, you know when you would hurtle down the runway and the VC would jolt and move to give the impression of motion, I was not able to zoom in and out of the cockpit using mouse button either, had to install f1view.dll in order for it to pan and zoom. Any ides from anyone what may be causing this problem?

I mainly fly the LDS 767 but all vc's are acting the same. I have a geforce 6800gt with 84 drivers, all drivers i have tried react the same.

Paul.
p.s i also tried the active camera demo at ksea and that didn't work either??

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

nadaman wrote:

For some reason since reinstalling the sim i no longer seem to have any motion in the VC view, you know when you would hurtle down the runway and the VC would jolt and move to give the impression of motion, I was not able to zoom in and out of the cockpit using mouse button either, had to install f1view.dll in order for it to pan and zoom. Any ides from anyone what may be causing this problem?

I mainly fly the LDS 767 but all vc's are acting the same. I have a geforce 6800gt with 84 drivers, all drivers i have tried react the same.

Paul.
p.s i also tried the active camera demo at ksea and that didn't work either??

I am sorry to see that no-one has offered any advice yet.

Maybe rephrasing your question might trigger a response?

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

The bumps and jostles you were talking about when rolling down the runway are supplied by "Active Camera" as far as I know, and if you own it and have lost that effect, you should try contacting them.

The panning and zooming with the mouse button is not built in to FS. You need to use your joystick POV hat to move that around. That utility is only from active camera and F1 view.

As far as the zoom locking, I'm not sure why it would. Every so often you should try hitting "ctrl + s" and switching back again. For some reason that frees-up my controls when they freeze.

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Sounds like you had active Camera installed as originalgrunge suggests.

The motion effect and using the mouse to change views are both features of Active C and not standard in FS.

I believe there is also a similar freeware product (called F1 i think) which is similar but i'm not familiar with it so i'm not sure if it has these features

I have active camera and had the same problem. It seems it somehow got turned off, simply hit alt key while on the runway, click options across top of screen, slide down menu to active camera, and reset it, that's all. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...