Weapons

Air.Wolf Guest

I would like to see weapons operational on the war birds. Guns missles, etc. I know Microsoft would fear eating into their CFS3 sales, but it would be cool to strafe a suburban housing tract. Twisted Evil

Also, I would like to have operational APUs with bus switchovers. Clearly, better scenery would be good as long as it doesn't require a supercomputer to run it.

Airport gates that actually extend to the aircraft and a cabin that allows one to actually open the door and exit. How about a button that causes the pilot to get out of the aircraft and run like hell after a crash 😂

Jeff Wolf

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'd much rather keep this a flight sim (not a game) and if you want "battles" then that's why they make CFS.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Cord Reynolds (Cord) Trainee

It would be nice just to fire guns and missiles on combat aircraft, even if they can do no damage. Why have downloads of combat aircraft if they can't at least look like they can do what they were meant to do?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I'd much rather keep this a flight sim (not a game) and if you want "battles" then that's why they make CFS.

Flight sims involving combat are still flight sims if they stay true to the physics etc..

What thousands of young aviators did and sacrificed themselves doing was not and is not considered "not flying" just because it involves combat..

Guest Guest

In the real world flying is only a means to an end - that end, may be to kill and destroy or it may be to transport people and cargo from one place to another.
The same is true of flight simulation - for those that want to experience the thrill of a pilot in battle, then there is enough CFS software about to let them do that. Conversely there is software to emulate the flying of heavy commercial jet liners or light aircraft for those who wish to experience the life of a civil pilot - FS9 accomplishes this.
Why confuse the two??

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

I will agree with RadarMan and the Guest. FS9 is a Flight Sim, for people who take the technical challenges of flying seriously and enjoy the satisfaction of a solid, save landing. I own CFS as well and like it too. Pulping a Nazi Rail Yard is a great rush. But they are different sims with a different focus, one Civilian, one military.

I for one find the idea to having fun flying a 767 into the side of a building rather sick. Insight seems to want to over dramatize the issue. I really don’t think that any of the “thousands of young aviators” that “sacrificed themselves doing was not and is not considered "not flying" just because it involves combat” would consider it “cool to strafe a suburban housing tract”

Pro Member Trainee
Cord Reynolds (Cord) Trainee

OK, now we're straying from my point. I really have no interest in strafing the suburbs. All I'm saying is that it would be nice just to fire the guns of a P-51D if the plane is available to download into the simulator. Hell, just make 'em blanks! Of course I reallize that FS9 is not a combat simulator, and I don't want it to be. I also own about 5 CFS's, but sometimes I just fly the aircraft in them without firing a shot, like when I'm practicing carrier landings. It's just nice to see a plane use the equipment it comes with.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I would like to see weapons operational on the war birds. Guns missles, etc. I know Microsoft would fear eating into their CFS3 sales, but it would be cool to strafe a suburban housing tract.

Also, I would like to have operational APUs with bus switchovers. Clearly, better scenery would be good as long as it doesn't require a supercomputer to run it.

Airport gates that actually extend to the aircraft and a cabin that allows one to actually open the door and exit. How about a button that causes the pilot to get out of the aircraft and run like hell after a crash

Jeff Wolf

We're discussing this guy's point, HE was the one that mentioned strafing a suburb...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...