SearchSearch 

Anyone heard about chemtrails?

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

Ok, I'm not being paranoid guys, but can you explain me these below? Is it normal? What are these plains dumping?

66 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I think fuel.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

yeah definatle fuel or something but it is a liquid.

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

exactly..."or something"

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

Is this fuel too? I really doubt it... and what's worse, I don't even have a clue what could that be at all!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Smoke from aerobatics crafts.......or Aliens attack... Ninja Ninja Ninja Fear 🙂)

Is this Nessie's head there??? 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Probably has to do with certain atmospheric conditions-heat meeting cold-at certain altitudes. (vapor trails?)

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Probably has to do with certain atmospheric conditions-heat meeting cold-at certain altitudes. (vapor trails?)

Radar

Yes it is, it is condensation, because of the heat produced by the turbines and the cold temperature at that altitud = you will get vapor (water).

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

They're called contrails, have a look here and it explains how they are formed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrail

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

jarred_01 wrote:

They're called contrails, have a look here and it explains how they are formed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrail

Thanks. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Some days contrail's will vanish from the sky quickly and some days when the conditions are right they will hang around the sky and drift in different directions. The pictures where the contrails are coming from random spots seem like terrible photoshop job's.

Or could be fuel, dunno what gas looks like at 35,000 feet though.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

jarred_01 wrote:

They're called contrails, have a look here and it explains how they are formed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrail

learn something new everyday! Yes

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chem_trails

The chemtrail theory is a group of theories regarding possibly anomalous apparent contrails from aircraft. Contrails are formed by condensation of water vapor in the aircrafts' exhausts. Proponents of the theories maintain that some trails have an appearance and quality different from those of normal water-based contrails, and are not consistent with the known properties of contrails. The general unifying factor is the belief that some kind of chemical or biological agent is being released, or that it is at least possible.

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

In the last pic - could the APU be running?

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

What would you need APU in the air for?

Ok, I'm scared, these pictures are from my backyard, made them 5min ago... 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Umm... They look like dissipated contrails to me...

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

Believe me, they're not. I have planes all over my head every day, including 757s,767s,747,a340's, 737's, and many more and I know how the normal pax jets contrails look like, They disappear 2-5min after the plane flys over. These things are 50-80 times brighter and bigger than normal contrails. They begin and end in specific places. They're like fog. No other clouds look even similar to these things.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Long contrails.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrails



Last edited by CRJCapt on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

And plus the 'smoke' doesn't seem to be coming from the engines... Fear

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Sico2 wrote:

What would you need APU in the air for?

Ok, I'm scared, these pictures are from my backyard, made them 5min ago... 😳

Normally you wouldn't, of course. But it might be lit if an engine was shut down or whatever.

I'm only speculating. It's a simple probability thing - the government is using commercial airliners to spread nasty chemicals around, and yet either the pilots don't know or NOT ONE of them has blown the whistle.

Or, they're harmless meteorological phenomena caused by the operation of airliners. Or fuel dumps. Or whatever.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Maybe the sewage system has reached capacity and they need to empty it mid-flight 😂

Sico2 in your most recent pics could those not just be clouds??
How do you know they came from aircraft??



Last edited by pilotwannabe on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

pilotwannabe wrote:

Maybe the sewage system has reached capacity and they need to empty it mid-flight 😂

If that's the case, it's certainly the government's fault. They like to **** on us from a height.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

antone wrote:

They like to **** on us from a height.

😂 😂 😂

👍

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

Clouds look different. Come one, you don't have any clouds that look even like this fog stripes anywhere on the sky. I'm not that stupid, I know how a cloud and how a contrail look like. 😎

CRJCaptain, can a contrail last ofr about 1h in the air? If yes howcome, I see a B747 above my head at some FL320 and his contrail dissappear after 2-5 minutes? And next to him a B757 passes by, Monarch air, his contrails stay also no longer than 2-3 minutes. This foggy thing hangs over my head for an hour! How could that be? And it's not from horizon to horizon all the way through th sky. It's from point A to some point B in the middle of the sky for about 10-20mil.

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

More than you ever needed to know about contrails:

http://www.borderlands.com/contrails/contrail.htm

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The length of time that a contrail remains is dependent on many factors that can be different at different altitudes and locations. Moisture content, temperature and pressure effect contrail formation. Winds at different altitudes distort contrails as they dissipate. A contrail can last an hour if conditions are right. Some contrails are caused by engines and some are caused by the airframe of the aircraft. An aircraft that dumps fuel at altitude will also create a contrail like cloud. I'm no expert but this is what I've read. I can't give you an exact technical explanation, I'm not smart enough for that . 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I have just had a quick look around the internet and there are lots of conspiracy theories of contrails being chemtrails etc. One being that it is poison, to curb the population growth as its increasing too fast... 🙄

As CRJCapt said, contrails can last for very long distances or short distances. They can also stay fairly regular and not dissipate or they can dissipate within a few minutes. To the naked eye, it is near enough impossible to tell the difference between a contrail and a "chemtrail" due to the fact that contrails come in so many different forms - what could be a "chemtrail" could also be a strange contrail caused by different atmospheric conditions.

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Like I posted before, some days when the weather is right contrails will stay in the air for hours on end drifting around and making them larger.

No one is dumping secret super chemicals on ya to make you grow a third eye.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

According to this guy, they can't just be contrails!

According to FA'sQ posted at Jeff Rense's website (http://www.rense.com), "chemtrails (CTs) look like contrails initially, but are much thicker, extend across the sky and are often laid down in varying patterns of Xs, tick-tack-toe grids, cross-hatched and parallel lines. Instead of quickly dissipating, chemtrails expand and drip feathers and mares' tails. In 30 minutes or less, they open into wispy formations which join together, forming a thin white veil or a 'fake cirrus-type cloud' that persists for hours."

Lacking proper scientific equipment, most chemtrail theorists can only speculate about the composition of the alleged cemtrail. However, one chemtrail theorist, Clifford E. Carnicom, operator of a website entitled Aerosol Crimes and Cover-ups, claims to have analyzed ground-level air samples following chemtrail events. It is not clear what his experience or expertise in chemical analysis is, but he carefully detailed the methods and procedures he used. He claims to have found airborne aluminum, barium, calcium, magnesium and titanium, and "microscopic fibers" in areas supposedly exposed to chemtrails.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Fear

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

Welcome to "Novus Ordo Seclorum"

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

According to this guy, they can't just be contrails!

According to FA'sQ posted at Jeff Rense's website (http://www.rense.com), "chemtrails (CTs) look like contrails initially, but are much thicker, extend across the sky and are often laid down in varying patterns of Xs, tick-tack-toe grids, cross-hatched and parallel lines. Instead of quickly dissipating, chemtrails expand and drip feathers and mares' tails. In 30 minutes or less, they open into wispy formations which join together, forming a thin white veil or a 'fake cirrus-type cloud' that persists for hours."

Lacking proper scientific equipment, most chemtrail theorists can only speculate about the composition of the alleged cemtrail. However, one chemtrail theorist, Clifford E. Carnicom, operator of a website entitled Aerosol Crimes and Cover-ups, claims to have analyzed ground-level air samples following chemtrail events. It is not clear what his experience or expertise in chemical analysis is, but he carefully detailed the methods and procedures he used. He claims to have found airborne aluminum, barium, calcium, magnesium and titanium, and "microscopic fibers" in areas supposedly exposed to chemtrails.

But I thought they don't know what the chemical in the "chemtrail" is, so how can they know how it reacts in the air Umm...

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

Don't bother about this how does it react with the air in the sky, start thinking about it how does it react with your body! 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Sico2 wrote:

Don't bother about this how does it react with the air in the sky, start thinking about it how does it react with your body! 😕

Thats what I'm saying, but probably not very well. If they don't know what the chemical is, then how can they know what it looks like in the air. They say that "chemtrails stay for longer....don't dissipate etc etc" but how do they know that this isn't a harmless contrail if they don't know the chemical. If they don't know the chemical, then how can you think about how it reacts with your body... Umm...

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

From Wikipedia:

"Among the theories proposed for the purpose of the alleged "chemtrails" are: atmospheric and weather modification, biological warfare, mind control, occult purposes. They are also theorized to be part of a system to counter the effects of global warming, to create a cheap wireless communications network for the military, or to create a more sophisticated radar system (for both defensive and scientific application)."

It's just a theory. Like the theory that aliens are among us or that life on this planet arrived here as microbes on an asteroid from deep space, I would wait for more proof before getting excited. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Some of you guys are acting like you have the IQ of a 5 year old...

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Chemtrail videos...

Fear

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.

Edited because my post was uncalled for.



Last edited by Solotwo on Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

Some of you guys are acting like you have the IQ of a 5 year old...

+

The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.

They are FREAKING CONTRAILS SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...and you have the manners of an ape.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Just because I have common sense doesn't make me an ape.

Yeah that was totally uncalled for, shouldn't have posted that. My bad. 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Solotwo, if they are contrails, i.e. frozen fuel vapours, why aren't they coming from the engine, where the fuel comes from??

😉

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

Solotwo, if they are contrails, i.e. frozen fuel vapours, why aren't they coming from the engine, where the fuel comes from??

😉

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrails

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

Solotwo, if they are contrails, i.e. frozen fuel vapours, why aren't they coming from the engine, where the fuel comes from??

😉

Engines or wingtips.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrails

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Contrails are formed by condensation of water vapor in the aircrafts' exhausts. Proponents of the theories maintain that some trails have an appearance and quality different from those of normal water-based contrails, and are not consistent with the known properties of contrails.

😉

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

pilotwannabe wrote:

Solotwo, if they are contrails, i.e. frozen fuel vapours, why aren't they coming from the engine, where the fuel comes from??

😉

Various parts of the airframe will generate trails - the tips of the wings come to mind, but other parts probably do too. Not quite sure why.

The stuff that comes from the engine is mainly water vapour, though there is likely some fuel, soot and other particulates mixed in too.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Engines or wingtips.

OK, but on one of sico2's photos the trail is coming from the inboard wing??

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Yes, control surfaces on the aircraft (wings, stabilisers etc) have pockets of low air pressure surrounding them, partly which makes the aircraft actually fly. With the low pressure comes low temperature which can cause saturated air in the low pressure / temperature area to condense and form contrails.

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

OK, so in conclusion to this thread...

"Chemtrails" do not exist, they are simply either contrails coming from various parts of an aircraft or certain weather phenomenon 😉

Not government conspiracies to brainwash the population into paying more tax 🙄

😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

OK, so in conclusion to this thread...

"Chemtrails" do not exist, they are simply either contrails coming from various parts of an aircraft or certain weather phenomenon 😉

Not government conspiracies to brainwash the population into paying more tax 🙄

😀 😀

Yes Either from the engine fuel crystalising or from control surfaces.

😉

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

there are two possibilities, either you believe it's just crystalized ice from humidity coming out from the engines or chemicals sprayed from commercial airplanes to control population's birth ratio and not overpopulate our planet Earth.
I believe in something between Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Sico2 wrote:

I believe in something between Wink

By this do you mean that, for example, in the average contrail there is contained 50% lethal chemical and 50% genuine cyrtallised ice??

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

I believe, that these are not convential contrails, but also am not 100% convienced, that these are chemicals sprayed all over our sky.

Here is some update, done 2h ago .Same place, same camera, same weird contrails.

This one is done at 6am, before I went to work.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Contact your local weatherman.

Now this is just getting annoying, they are contrail's, like I said when the atmosphere conditions are right they will sometimes stay there and grow and float around with the jetstreams and what not. Some of those pics you have are just cirrus clouds. Just except it.

If you still believe that "the man" is spreading chemicals all over us that have no effects what so ever and doing it by airliners at 39,000 ft you need to go get your head examined.

And btw, when you see tons of them in one spot you have an Airway right over you. I have an airway near my house heading up to KMSP. I see it all the time.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I have to agree. They are just contrails, that are obviously different, depending on the engine in question i.e. the amount of fuel that has crystalized, and whether they have eminated from control surfaces or engines etc and the altitude they formed at. There are so many variables that effect the appearence of contrails that they are very rarely similar and often look strange or odd.

There is absolutely no empirical evidence to suggest that chemicals are being deposited. just merely a conspiracy theory. They have taken air samples from many different countries and haven't noticed anything in the air composition that is irregular.

The only "evidence" that exists, is the fact that they look "weird" Umm...

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

Yeah, and 'terrorists' from starving countries hijacked 4 planes with plastic forks and flew them into WTC and Pentagon.

Guys! Where is your tolerance and 'free american speech'? This was invented in your country! If you do believe, it is just contrails, stop convincing me it is like this. I don't and won't believe in this, and you won't change it. If it's annoying, why do you care and reply? Leave it for somebody who finds it interresting. Am I trying to convince you? No, just spreading some facts for people who want to live a little bit more 'awake'.

ps-may I ask solotwo, how old are you? Don't take it personally, and if you don't want to, don't answer. Just wanted to check, how experienced are you in your life already.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sico2 wrote:

Yeah, and 'terrorists' from starving countries hijacked 4 planes with plastic forks and flew them into WTC and Pentagon.

Guys! Where is your tolerance and 'free american speech'? This was invented in your country! If you do believe, it is just contrails, stop convincing me it is like this. I don't and won't believe in this, and you won't change it. If it's annoying, why do you care and reply? Leave it for somebody who finds it interresting. Am I trying to convince you? No, just spreading some facts for people who want to live a little bit more 'awake'.

ps-may I ask solotwo, how old are you? Don't take it personally, and if you don't want to, don't answer. Just wanted to check, how experienced are you in your life already.

Sico,
Don't be frustrated. Go to any site that has a poll on it.
I don't care how many people have voted, 3 or 3 million.
If you asked if they would like their head chopped off.
yes
no
I don't know.

You are going to get a small percentage that can't make up their mind.
Here you have a difference of opinions, not all are ever going to agree.
We have a saying here, "you can yell about it until the cows come home" and nothing will change.
Grin and roll with the punches.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

I'm not angry or frustrated, I'm incredibly amazed how intollerant people can be. I can't actually blaim them for this. If somebody doesn't agree, cool, fine, you have the right to do so, but don't try to convince me that I'm wrong. I might even believe that aliens obducted me! Radar Are you going to ignore me or start saying how crazy, mentally ill and instable I am? If you are trully convinced about some idea, theory etc. why you still trynig to show people that they are wrong, if it's so obvious... or is it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I'm 21, the only reason I'm posting is because I just can't believe what some people think.

This is a public forum, I have the right to post my opinion just as much as you do.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

exuse me for bumping in but how exactly do explain how a pilot or someone can install chemical despencers on the wings or engines with out ground crews noticing?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

They are all part of the super secret consipiracy.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sico2 wrote:

I'm not angry or frustrated, I'm incredibly amazed how intollerant people can be. I can't actually blaim them for this. If somebody doesn't agree, cool, fine, you have the right to do so, but don't try to convince me that I'm wrong. I might even believe that aliens obducted me! Radar Are you going to ignore me or start saying how crazy, mentally ill and instable I am? If you are trully convinced about some idea, theory etc. why you still trynig to show people that they are wrong, if it's so obvious... or is it?

Ideas are obvious to the people that believe in them. If you check back to the beginning of this thread you will find that I made the first post about this being just (vapor) contrails.
That said, let anyone post their beliefs as long as this remains a civil discussion. When it stops being one this will be locked.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

yes.. airliners draw contrails in the sky when they're above 30,000 feet (give or take a thousand)

it's the condensation from warm jet blast mixing with frigid high-altitude air.

..however.. contrails come from engines.. those close-ups of the aircrafts appear to show trails leaving the fuselage. that, i have no clue about. i know for a fact that commercial airliners never dump fuel, unless it's a dire emergency.

military jets, however.. i am unsure of.

...interesting 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Some of those pics are totally photoshopped.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Sico2 wrote:

Yeah, and 'terrorists' from starving countries hijacked 4 planes with plastic forks and flew them into WTC and Pentagon.

Guys! Where is your tolerance and 'free american speech'? This was invented in your country! If you do believe, it is just contrails, stop convincing me it is like this. I don't and won't believe in this, and you won't change it. If it's annoying, why do you care and reply? Leave it for somebody who finds it interresting. Am I trying to convince you? No, just spreading some facts for people who want to live a little bit more 'awake'.

ps-may I ask solotwo, how old are you? Don't take it personally, and if you don't want to, don't answer. Just wanted to check, how experienced are you in your life already.

I wasn't being intolerant of what you said or dampening your right to free speech. One thing I would like to highlight from your post is when you say "No, just spreading some facts...". I was trying to say in my earlier post, that there aren't any facts about chemtrails, which is the simple reason it remains a conspiracy theory (a theory of which there is no empirical and substantial evidence) - nothing more 😉

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

JarJarBinks wrote:

exuse me for bumping in but how exactly do explain how a pilot or someone can install chemical despencers on the wings or engines with out ground crews noticing?

This, of course, gets to the nub of the problem. We seem to have two possibilities:

1) Unspecified government agencies all over the world are using civilian airliners to spread unspecified chemicals. The pilots and ground staff are either unaware of this, or NOT ONE of them has gone public with the information. In the US alone, there are around 10,000 airline pilots.

2) Airplanes create some weather phenomena that the average conspiracy buff doesn't understand.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

The fact that it is so easy for pilots or maintenance crew to check for this conspiracy theory, is probably the reason it doesn't hold much credit 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

exactly tehre is no way anyone can get away with this little conspeiracy someone cooked up from a cook book

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions