Level-d 767

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

Hi I am considring to buy the level-d 767 but I am not sure if I should 😕 It seems like an amazing model but I am worried that I might not be able to "master" it. I can fly the Phoenix Dash 8 fine but its not even close in system management compared to the 767.
Sorry if this question is sort of vague but could anyone help me?
Thanks in advance SR

P.S. I was also looking at purchasing PMDG 747 maybe thats a better choice??

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I think the level D 767 is a safe bet. Sure it's tough at first but once mastered delivers the ultimate in realism and is the best payware package ive ever come across. 😉

You've just gotta be prepared to read the manual Read and then read it again 😉

I havn't ever "played" on PMDG's 747 but from what ive seen of its similar in realism to Level D and requires the same sort of perseverence 😉

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

Im sure you could get some freeware that is simmilar and could give you some practice

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

davidmac1 wrote:

Im sure you could get some freeware that is simmilar and could give you some practice

Afraid not....there is no freeware with the detail offered in Level D. POSKY do some good models of course but you don't pay £40 for nothing 😉

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

o.k. i'll take your word for it, because i don't buy addons that much, with fs10 on the horizon

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

The link did'nt work. Wall Bashing Read

Last edited by Wing-man on Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Try the iFly 747 - it is an extremely realistic 747 with an FMC and realistic flight dynamics. It will help you decide whether you like the modern concept of airliners or not.

Go to www.avsim.com and type in iFly 747 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

The Level D is a dam fine model(as is the PMDG)The thing that makes it though is the FMC (flight managment computor)
This can be quite hard to master as one mistake and it will not work,pilotwannabe hits the nail on the head by saying that you have to read the manual and then read it again(he forgot to say read it a few more times 🙄 )tip: print it so you can read it as you go
Once you have read the book(pdf)a few times it will become very easy and you may never fly anything else again
You will never forget the 1st time you get it all right.climb,cruise and approach,and even auto land

Warning once you have tried the extra realisum of the Level D you may want more and start thinking PMDG or Pilot in Command(£££$$$)

😉

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

Thanks for all the replys. I think I will buy it summer vactions fast approaching so I will have LOTS of time to read the manual.

Thanks again SR

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...