Max. Altitude

1337_guest_number2 Guest

What is the maximum altitude that I can fly at in FS2004? I've heard 100k feet. Is that right?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Right 100,000 ft. and you can't go over the north or south poles.

Radar

1337_guest_number3 Guest

What happens if you fly over the poles lol? Do you get sucked out into space?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

1337_guest_number3 wrote:

You can't, you find your going elsewhere, try it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
mcmxl Trainee

I tride puting my Boeing 737 into an extremely low polar orbit (30,000ft) once. I ended up flying in circles around the north pole. 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

1337_guest_number3 wrote:

Radar

It is a similar thing to when you try to move your spot fiew directly above or directly below the plane. It simply turns around. FS can not handle the north-south axis of a 3 dimensional globe. There is probably some mathematical reason for it, but I don't know it.

Alpha001 Guest

I am just windering if there is anyone who knows how to overcome the 100,000ft restriction so that add-ons such as the shuttle and X-15 hypersonic craft can better perform?

Thanks in advance

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

Yup, I tried that - took off from Auckland in default 777 and headed toward the south pole. The plane kept turning, and in the end I gave up and landed in Chile.

Another time I tried to land in the Antartic (just on a patch of ice, but luckily I turned crashes off 😂 ) and realised that, at least in FS, the Antartic appears to be at around 6000 feet above MSL. Serves me right for trying to land a 777 on ice with no ILS...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...