GPS key.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Hello my friends 😀

I have notice in some crafts that there is no button about turn on the GPS window.
I search to assign a key about it but i couldnt find such a command in keys assignments...Im sure that i miss something...Any help will be much appriciated as always. ❗

Thanks a lot. 😉

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I just had a quick look and there isn't a specific GPS command that brings up the GPS. However, there are 'Panel Window Display' assignments, which encompasses the GPS. They are set by default to Shift + 1,2,3 etc etc. Cycle through those and the GPS should appear. Once it does, you can change the assignment.

Hope that helps a bit 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You are great Jon. Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down
Just for the record SHIFT + 8 does the job. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Glad to hear it 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Glad to hear it 👍

🍻 👍

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Good to know, I'd wondered about that myself. Thanks

😎

There doesn't seem to be a way to get the GPS up in the iFly Boeing 747-400. How can I get it up??

The Ifly 744 is a freeware aircraft with a lot of the functionality of a payware one. It is available here: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2790/fs2004-ifly-boeing-747-400/

Pro Member Chief Captain

It doesn't have a GPS. Commercial airliners don't - they use FMC's which the iFly 747 has. You need to learn how to program an FMC to use it 😉

99jolegg wrote:

It doesn't have a GPS. Commercial airliners don't - they use FMC's which the iFly 747 has. You need to learn how to program an FMC to use it 😉

How can I used one of those

And does it have a feature like the GPS hold in Flight Simulator?? Where you have your flight plan in the GPS and you set Nav to GPS and turn on Nav hold in Autopilot, and it automatically follows this course?? Is there something in the FMC that will do the same thing?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...