Radio

Captain Dale Guest

I am trying to fly various boeings from A - B and managing to do so picking up new skills such as GPS along the way. But I really want to now how to get clearance from the tower to take off and clearance to land etc?!
I have looked everywhere! when I want to tune into say San Fransisco Airport for example I do that fine but then noone speaks to my aircraft and I don't no why?! Any help? Thanks. Jack. 😉

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
mcmxl Trainee

Are you just tuning the frequency and waiting? You need to push the ATC button and make a selection from there. Your selections should be similar to these if you are enroute.
1. Tune Denver Approach
2. Nearest Airport

If on the ground, ready to take off.
1. Tune Denver ground
2. Tune Denver ATIS

If you are doing these already I do not know what is wrong. You need to check your ATC settings. Good luck!

Captain Dale Guest

sorry i'm a beginner where is the atc button?

Pro Member Trainee
mcmxl Trainee

Next to the radio and GPS buttons. On the 737 they are along the top left of the dash. The ATC is the one with the head set on it.

Captain Dale Guest

when i am on the ground i mean i am trying to get clearance to takeoff or taxi to the runway even when tuning the frequencies in the ATC window as they appear such as tune heathrow ground or tune hethrow clearance. But noone speaks?

Pro Member Trainee
mcmxl Trainee

Go to your ATC settings and make sure the voices are on.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

press this button ( ` ) its just above the TAB key and jsut under the ESC key

Captain Dale Guest

mcmxl. i meant noone speaks to me but they do seem to speak to other aircraft I will hace a look at the ATC settings anyway.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

is your radio on?

Captain Dale Guest

Is there a specific radio which is to my aircraft that I should be switching on?

Captain Dale Guest

Ok. I have been to the ATC Settings and made sure the voices were on which they were. All the boxes are ticked. Is this correct?

Captain Dale Guest

I did it! 😀 I wasn't clicking the keys such as 4 for example when selecting a transition etc. I didn't realise. Its really easy to understand now. Thanks for help off everyone who did! 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...