long haul flights in GA aircraft...

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

i have just completed a flight KBOS (Boston Logan) - EIDW (Dublin Int'l). it took about 12 hours in my cessna 404 titan. What i the longest light you have completed in General Aviation aircraft. Distance wise and time wise... just wondering. BTW, ill have screenies post in screenshots forum soon!

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

No refuelling??? 😳 How?Unlimited fuel?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

A long-haul flight in a Cessna 😳

Pro Member First Officer

the range of a cessna 404 titan at 20,000 feet is something over 3000 NM.

Pilau Guest

Which is worth 30 hours at 100KIAS

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Cessna Titan Max speed is 232knots.

Max range is 3410 Km = 2118.876miles.

KBOS>EIDW = 2591miles according to FS.You had to refuel somewhere my friend. Dont Know

Dont take it as an offensive post.If you manage to do it you worth my Congratulations. 😉

Pro Member First Officer

im going to have to probably stop some where on the way back. i had quite the tailwind on the way dublin. excess of 80 knts.. i have a headwind of about 60 knts right now. im flying back to boston right now.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Good luck on your way back 👍 👍 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

You're going to fall into the ocean........

Guest Ed Guest

In flight sim you can stretch the range of an aircraft beyond what would be considered safe in real life. I've done some over-ocean flights in the Lear that would not have been possible (or at least not prudent) in real life, based on FS09's estimate of maximum range.

Of course, once I ran out of fuel while taxiing to parking. . . Embarassed Uh, can I get a tow here, please? 😂

Ed

Pro Member First Officer

More than 12 hours after i pushed back from the gate in dublin, and just short of 12 hours after i tookoff...i am still in the air. i have changed my destination to Gander, Newfoundland, Canada. i will refel and continue my flight to boston! i just hope i get to Gander! Embarassed

Pro Member First Officer

well im made it to Gander!!! 😀 😀 😀 i had 10% fuel left. it was close but i made. im taking off for Boston in he morning! check for screenies probably tomarrow morning.

Last edited by earthqu8kes on Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

That has to be such a boring flight.

Pilau Guest

Solotwo wrote:

Yeah, it's quite a silly thing to do.

Pro Member Trainee
wscott52 Trainee

earthqu8kes wrote:

im going to have to probably stop some where on the way back. i had quite the tailwind on the way dublin. excess of 80 knts.. i have a headwind of about 60 knts right now. im flying back to boston right now.

Ummm, I chartered a Cessna 404 Titan from Jacksonville to St. Croix after hurricane Hugo and that one had no facilities. We stopped on Provo in Turks and Caicos Islands to refuel and relieve bladders. So, what did you do?

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

crossing the ocean in a small twin piston-engine aircraft with no restrooms on board. 12 hours of "holding it in"

...not my kind of thing, lol.

Pro Member First Officer

pilotguy44 wrote:

crossing the ocean in a small twin piston-engine aircraft with no restrooms on board. 12 hours of "holding it in"

...not my kind of thing, lol.

i totally have to agree with you. but i havent ever done a trans-oceanic flight before...or at least not succsesfully Embarassed ...so i decided to do one.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Pilau wrote:

Solotwo wrote:

I bet they said the same thing to Charles Lindberg

Pro Member First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

Pilau wrote:

Solotwo wrote:

I bet they said the same thing to Charles Lindberg

same with amelia earhart 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...