7300GT DDR3 card

BashDaBish Guest

Does anyone use the Nvidia 7300GT DDR3 card with FS9? I have just ordered 2 for SLI usage and wondered if anyone has any oppinions or experiances with the said card?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Excellent cards but I don't believe that they will support DirectX 10 that comes with Windows Vista and will greatly enhance FSX.

Radar

BashDaBish Guest

Thanks fot the reply Radarman

I certainly was not aware the fairly new 7300GT DDR3 cards would not support DirectX 10. Does anyone have any more thoughts on this?

MrSam Guest

eh? No cards currently support DX10. From what I've heard, there won't be any cards that support DX10 for several years. You should go ahead and upgrade now, don't worry about DirectX 10 support at this early stage.

BashDaBish Guest

Thanks MrSam

That goes with my findings and my thoughts but I agree it is certainly something we should all monitor and consider for the near future.

So, does anyone have one of the cards or even better, have two in SLi?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'm sure that the DirectX cards will be out before or at the time that Vista will be released.
Everyone (ATi nVidia) wants to sell their product and if it's not DirectX 10 compliant no one will buy it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
mikecurrie Trainee

I heard there is a list of DX10 capibible cards (after software upgrades of course) however i've never seen this list myself, personally I am waiting until vista comes out, then about 6 months to see how DX10 is going. I only recently got my X800, however it was always my plan to upgrade after a year or so to get a DX10 one, and who knows, maybe they will have intergratted physics by then aswell, but i doubt that.

MrSam Guest

Even when the DX10 Cards are released (November, at the earliest) it will take many more months after that for any serious DX10 games to appear. DX9 isn't going anywhere for now.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...