Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

Anybody out there flying into hurricane Charley? 😳

Jetman

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

One of my best Friends is supposed to be flying to Florida tomorrow (in real life) - not sure if his flight will go. 😕

Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

I wonder how Sim reacts to the 145mph winds in real time flying . Anybody flying to FT. Myers out there?

imagine89 Guest

just flew 777-300 from Miami Intl to Santa Clara via IFR. still a little tricky. winds probably weren't as rough as in real life, and there was no rain, just super dark clouds. could barely see anything after i passed the florida keys. on the ground, you could only see what your lights showed you. quite an experience.

Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

I did fly my C130 last night from Miami down to the hurricane and was not really experiencing much until you decend down to 6,000. I hit some pretty good rain and the wind was pushing my C130 so I had to switch over to AP.

IT WAS FUN!

😳

GringoHomie Guest

If you go to Advanced Weather you can set the winds to any speed from 0 - 200 MPH. Just add some rain, and youv'e got a hurricane. I tried 200MPH winds in a Piper J-3 Cub and was going backwards at about -150 with full throttle

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

GringoHomie wrote:

If you go to Advanced Weather you can set the winds to any speed from 0 - 200 MPH. Just add some rain, and youv'e got a hurricane. I tried 200MPH winds in a Piper J-3 Cub and was going backwards at about -150 with full throttle

Hey GringoHomie, I can't find Advanced Weather. Can you please tell me where did you find it?
It seems fun to set the winds speed to 200 MPH. I want to try it but I can't find those settings.

GringoHomie Guest

Go to the page where you normally go to pick weather. Select "User-Defined Weather" and then click "Custumize Weather". On that page click "Advanced Weather", the click on the "wind" tab. Put 200 where it says speed(knots) and set the shear strength to the highest possible. Tell me how it goes 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Hi GringoHomie! I set already the wind and everything to the highest possible. It was really fun. I flew different planes, like the Piper, Cessna Skyline, Douglas, Wright Brothers, and other ones. I couldn't even take off.
I was going back not forward! I've flown also a Bell, the helicopter. I was rolling crazy in the air doing acrobatics. That was sooo crazy. And here's the funny thing. Flying the Wright Brothers' plane I reached like 4000 ft. I don't know exactly what was my altitude, because that plane doesn't have an altimeter. It was really funny. 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...