Engine off ??

Pro Member Trainee
MissDixie Trainee

Hi all..

Is there a setting for the engine being off before a free flight ? ive have the deluxe edition of fs x, and put it on hard, sitting on the parking area.
When i hit fly, it starts with the engine on..

Id love to be able to do a checklist but hate turning everything off first.

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

As with the previous versions of FS, you can shut the engines off and save the flight as the default flight. Your flights will then start engines off.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain

Does it insist on empty fuel tanks. That seems like overkill. GA a/c aren't all sitting at the airport with empty tanks and commercial a/c never have really empty tanks before a flight.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Does it insist on empty fuel tanks. That seems like overkill. GA a/c aren't all sitting at the airport with empty tanks and commercial a/c never have really empty tanks before a flight.

Dont Know All I know is what I read in the papers. Doh! (gamer)
Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

Dont Know All I know is what I read in the papers. Doh! (gamer)
Radar

😂 You can do that here. I have SimPatrol set up so that words containing game, play, dude, mate and m8 can't be posted. I'm in the middle of doing some other web site work now, but will add other common buzz words the gamers use, later. 😂 It will do my blood pressure wonders. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

🙄I couldn't resist! 😉

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

You are entitled to have fun. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Why you dont speak the truth Twisted Evil ...Tell people for the Game session you think to Set-up at OMEGA

😂 😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

Why you dont speak the truth Twisted Evil ...Tell people for the Game session you think to Set-up at OMEGA

😂 😂 😂

That'll be the day. You can't even say game in the forums. 😂 And. if I filter "*", it will drive everyone crazy.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

😂 😂 😂

That'll be the day. You can't even say game in the forums. 😂 And. if I filter "*", it will drive everyone crazy.

Do it 😀 😂 😂 😂

guest22 Guest

If you want to shut down the engines, use "Ctrl+Shift+F1" to cut the fuel flow ... engines are shutting off.

To start the engines again use "Ctrl+e"

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...