1914 Christmas Truce

Jamie4590 Guest

I'm fascinated by this event and this article moved me to tears (almost)

http://www.firstworldwar.com/features/christmastruce.htm

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I've read about this occurrence during WWI and it's almost unbelievable, an amazing story that renews your faith in humanity. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

👍 Great read, I'd never heard about that. Quite a few similar stories from the U.S. civil war, as well.

Pro Member Trainee
Luke Mcelroy (lukem68) Trainee

thanks for telling me that 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Let's just hope that after reading this and similar 'accounts' those who contemplate a future as career soldiers realize that war isn't that bad after all.

PS: I hope this is not misconstrued as a post with either sexual, political or religious connotations.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I haven't read the article but have seena few documentaries on this.

A couple of games of football occurred apparently!

Also some senior officers forced the enemy and friendly soldiers to be fired upon!

Lovely.. stupid war that it was - RIP all those that lost their lives in this senseless war, your efforts shall not be forgotten - neither shall the efforts of the senior military officers that ensured the slaughter that took place and the politicians of the time that allowed it all to go on..

Oh and the Hungarians and the Serbians for starting it all Evil or Very Mad

Jamie4590 Guest

I also heard that during the truce soldiers from both sides crossed no mans land to each others trenches but one British soldier didn't return. Was he killed? Taken as a PoW? or did he defect?

Its something that we'll probably never know for sure.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...