Stubborn Jetways

Alex The Guest Guest

Hey all....... How's u all going?

I've tried to attach jetways at Brisbane, Heathrow and Singapore, plus more but they just don't move! And yes, the settings were all on Ultra High for this one off occasion (my comp can't really handle it! 😞 )

So please all help will be greatly appreciated.

Answers 28 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

Have you got 'advanced animations' switched on?

The option is in display under the first tab where you select your frame rates target etc.

Running Guest

I don't believe it works for gliders etc. you need a big plane for them to function.

Alex The Guest Guest

oh ok thanks guys, looking forward in playing it now with those setting activated....... if only i didn't have to do SOR (study of religion) stupid journals

Thanks guys

Alex The Guest Guest

I've tried that at WSSS, YSSY and EGLL and it still didn't do anything... unless if they are really really slow, like slower than an ant coz i just can't see them moving! (saw the post about slow jetways, but i don't think they're supposed to be THAT slow on my game!)

I've got the same proplem you have. I have tried everything that they have said to do in this artical and in others about jetways, but none of them seem to work.

Pro Member Trainee
FallonNv Trainee

I think it has something to do with your video card I had a NVIDIA FX 5500 and could never get the jetways to move I just got a new computer and it came with a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE and the jetways work fine now

guest Guest

I have to agree with FallonNv as I also have a NVIDIA FX 5500 card with 256mb onboard and everything works well except the jetways. Can't get them to function at all. Spoke with a microsoft rep, he said to follow progressive taxi to the letter and you must be parked "perfectly" with ALL the doors open, then hit CTRL+J, the jetways may take some time to respond, but they should work. He said that's about all we can do. There are no fixes within the game itself, so either it works or it don't....and it don't. 😞

I have also downloaded the newest of the card drivers from NVIDIA hoping that would solve the issue, but alas, my passengers still can not disembark. Guess either a video card upgrade is in order or wait for a possible patch to resolve the issue.

Pro Member Trainee
FallonNv Trainee

I don't think you have to park perfectly to get the jetways to move I pull into the gate and stop and hit control+j and the jetway starts to move before I shut down the engine or set the parking brakes I have been off the taxi line and the jetway will move I even parked a 747 at a small gate and the jetway will move to the door it is all about your video card if you don't have a high end video card you can't get the jetways to move.

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

FallonNv wrote:

I don't think you have to park perfectly to get the jetways to move I pull into the gate and stop and hit control+j and the jetway starts to move before I shut down the engine or set the parking brakes I have been off the taxi line and the jetway will move I even parked a 747 at a small gate and the jetway will move to the door it is all about your video card if you don't have a high end video card you can't get the jetways to move.

Whats your card?

Pro Member Trainee
FallonNv Trainee

a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE 512mb

Pro Member Trainee
rmurk Trainee

Jetways will only work when:

1. The aircraft has contact points defined in the aircraft.cfg file. Most aircraft that come with FSX have these contact points. Add-onn may not have contact points.
2. The aircraft is in a specific area near the jetway. If it is not, and you activate the jetway, you will see a message that you are not in the jetway area.
3. "Special Effect Detail" on the "Options, Settings, Display, Scenery" page is set to "High".
4. In some documentation it says SHIFT+J activates the jetway, however CRTL+J activates the jetway.
5. You have a good graphics card. What a good card is, is hard to define. If the previous items have been checked, and it is still not working, the graphics card may be the culprit. A pointer whether or not your graphics card is the issue, is to check if you see the wings flex on the 747 or DG glider. If you do not see flexing wings either, the graphics card is most likely the issue.

IAP Guest

Jetways only work if you are running shader model 2.0 .

I have an ageing graphcs card that can do SM2.0, but to improve performance I did the config file fix to disable shaders, and have since found that jetways etc do not move.

Upon restoring the config file, they worked again.

Perhaps this is what you have done.

Pro Member Trainee
krichard Trainee

maybe if you get windows vista theymight work because it is degined for it.

JSMITH13 Guest

rmurk wrote:

Jetways will only work when:

1. The aircraft has contact points defined in the aircraft.cfg file. Most aircraft that come with FSX have these contact points. Add-onn may not have contact points.
2. The aircraft is in a specific area near the jetway. If it is not, and you activate the jetway, you will see a message that you are not in the jetway area.
3. "Special Effect Detail" on the "Options, Settings, Display, Scenery" page is set to "High".
4. In some documentation it says SHIFT+J activates the jetway, however CRTL+J activates the jetway.
5. You have a good graphics card. What a good card is, is hard to define. If the previous items have been checked, and it is still not working, the graphics card may be the culprit. A pointer whether or not your graphics card is the issue, is to check if you see the wings flex on the 747 or DG glider. If you do not see flexing wings either, the graphics card is most likely the issue.

ware do you find the "Special Effect Detail" on the Options, Settings, Display, Scenery

Is that in the settings or what?

sebbie4life.com Guest

wats the best airport to make the jetway function.ive tried and tried.i have opened all doors and been next to the jetway and dont work.plz help me to make them work

sebbie4life.com Guest

does it work on fsx standard or fsx deluxe? do u have to swith off the engines and parkin brake? if its hard to answer dis question.and if u have msn add me. sebby_4life.co.uk

sebbie4life.com Guest

soz my msn is sebbie_4life@hotmail.co.uk. how close do u have to go to activate the jetway????? plz plz plz plz help me get them workin

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Pull into a space, call the fuel truck, if it comes all else should work.
Your scenery settings have to be maxed out.
Major airports only.

Radar

i just left herthrow and i no see any jetways, i also didn't see them at other airports. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

I was at Gate 8 at BWI Airport and the gates works. It even worked with the Regional Jets, although the jets' doors extend to the tarmac. I have all my graphic settings at maximum. Try at BWI with a dead cockpit.

hey Guys to tell you the truth the jetways work perfectly.
the jetways work but you have to press Ctrl+J. Also the scenery doesnt have to be max out mines work perfectly.

For you Guys and Girls who flight sim run slow try doing this

Go to Bestbuy or Office Depot. and purchase an ATI Graphic Card 256 or 512mb works awsome. then get 512mb memory or 1GB and that will solve your freezing and staggering motions

Pro Member Trainee
HockeyDude2424 Trainee

my jetways work sometimes. If i start out at a gate then the jetway works fune but then if i pull up to a gate after a flight, then it doesnt work.

Pro Member Trainee
rmurk Trainee

In addition to previous post:

When you are in the main window (ie flying a plane) hit the ALT key, the menu bar appears on top of the screen. Then select Option, then Settings, then click on the Scenery tab. On the right hand side you will find the "Special Effect Detail" slider. Move it all the way to the right, so it shows "High"

Pro Member Trainee
HockeyDude2424 Trainee

i will try that

Pro Member Trainee
Remedist Trainee

I was at a medium gate once with a 747 and tried to activate the jetway but then I saw that it was kind of vibrating and not moving, but trying to. So I backed up till my nose wheel was right on the marker and it worked fine. My graphics card is a Ge-Force 8800 GTS.

cuevision Guest

Hi all!

All what is written down is pure nonsense!! You realy do not know where you are talking about. You all just guessing.

I have the same problem at SOME airports. I use Amsterdam Schiphol and I cant get it working there whatever I try! It seems these jetways simply do not work Sad

So what I did to check is let the plane as it is on the gate on Schiphol and simply go to world/go to airport. (By the way I use the Boeing 737-800). I choose London Heathrow, Gate 105 Gate Small. Just hit ctrl+J and yes it works like a charm. EVEN when I turn Scenery LOW and advanced animations OFF!!! The only thing that needs to be more or less HIGH are: the scenery complexity and Autogen density. When these two are low, the jetway will not be present. As soon as you see the jetway it will WORK, no matter what all other settings are doing!

So when it does not work, the airport scenery is simply not ready to get the jetway working. As an example, the people behind the windows in your airport scenery are also not working around. They are not animated. The jetway should be animated during the process of making a scenery.

Hope this will make more sense than just guessing.

Have a nice day and a good airport scenery

Ed

Bob hutson Guest

Go on to settings and click customize then go to scenery then move the complexity slider to full(don't worry about your computer not handling it).

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

You may find this tutorial from our knowledge section helpful:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/38/how-to-use-jetways-pushback-in-fsx/

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...