Textures all mixed up fs9

Pro Member Trainee
EGNRflyer Trainee

Hello to you all

Can anyone help me with a problem my fs9 has developed. After a new processor was installed and the hard drive wiped. I re- installed fs9 and the textures are now all mixed up. blocks of water inland and blocks of land in the middle of the water. Any advice guys?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Here is a method i would suggest for FS9 Un-Installation/Installation.

1.Un-install FS.
2.Delete Microsoft Games Directory from C/Program Files.
3.Delete Flight Simulator Files folder from your My Documents.
4.Unistall all the add-ons you have and also delete their folders from C/Program Files.
5.Clean up your registries with any tool you have or (even better for me)do it manual.Thats how :
Click Start/Run ...in the blank type Regedit.In the opening window hit Edit/Find and in the blank write the word Flight.Delete anything it finds and hit Find Next till you get a message that no more matches could be found.
6.Run a Disk Clean up
7.Defrag your hard drive.
8.Restart and install FS.
9.Install FS9.1 update Patch
10.Install No CD-crack.
11.Continue with the add-ons installation one by one and every time start FS and check if your add-on has been installed OK.
12.Good luck...

Suggestion:
After you install it create a folder called Original FS files,or whatever you like, and copy there all the FS9 folder...It takes some time to be copied but you will have all your clean folder stored somewhere just in case you want to replace something in the future or Just in case you want to compare them after add-ons installations.

Its time spending but you will be sure that you have a clean new Copy of FS9 in yours system.

Pro Member Trainee
EGNRflyer Trainee

Thanks greekmen72 i will give that a go. I have fsx installed do you think it could be a conflicted?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

EGNRflyer wrote:

Thanks greekmen72 i will give that a go. I have fsx installed do you think it could be a conflicted?

In general there are no conflicts between FSX and FS9.But if i was you and since you decide to follow the above process, i would Un-install FSX and re-install it too.Unistall them both and then start deleting the folders and cleaning the registries for both.

Yes you are going to spend two hours about all of these things but i think that its better to have new installations.

And be very careful to what ever you do.Don't be in a hurry and delete something wrong by mistake... 😉

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

I once had this problem

I posted a topic about it on a forum designed for my make of computer (Medion)

Its a graphics problem. I simply updated my graphics card to the newest drivers and hey, the problem was fixed

I had an nVidia GeForce 6700XL

Good luck!

BTW try this before you reinstall FS.. as that is an undesirable process.

Make sure you create a restore point before updating drivers so you can revert back if anything goes wrong (it is unlikely that it will, but an inconvenience if it does)

Tim

Pro Member Trainee
EGNRflyer Trainee

Thanks to you all for your replys. it is now fixed. 😀 Happy flying

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

EGNRflyer wrote:

Thanks to you all for your replys. it is now fixed. 😀 Happy flying

Glad you got it sorted. 😀
It would be great if you point us the way you fix it for future use. 😉

Pro Member Trainee
EGNRflyer Trainee

Hi greekman72, i followed your steps that you posted. And updated the drivers for my graffics card. the fs9 update. And so far so good thanks again greekman72 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...