world of AI problem

Pro Member First Officer
bawns First Officer

as soon as i download world of ai plains into my FSX all of my default planes are gone. that sucks because i wanted it to add more planes not take away from it. can some one help me solve this problem before i delete WORLD OF AI from my system. thanks

Answers 20 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Did you use the installer woains23.zip?

fly boy X 12284 Guest

how did u download the world of ai? i would like to do that in FSX

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Go here: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2642/fsx-world-of-ai-installer/

Everything you need to know is spelled out very clearly 😉

Pro Member Trainee
drwhoere Trainee

world-of-ai.com doesn't have the actually installer! can u give me the link to the installer?

thanks

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2642/fsx-world-of-ai-installer/

click on this link. scroll down a little and you will see a link to down load the WOAI installer for FS9/FSX.

Once you do that, all will be good.

Pro Member Trainee
drwhoere Trainee

rowcoach wrote:

http://www.world-of-ai.com/packages.php

click on this link. scroll down a little and you will see a link to down load the WOAI installer for FS9/FSX.

TYVM so MUCH!, but when I clicked it, it said internet explorer cannot display this webpage 🤔 plz help

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

drwhoere wrote:

rowcoach wrote:

TYVM so MUCH!, but when I clicked it, it said internet explorer cannot display this webpage 🤔 plz help

Try this link then: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2642/fsx-world-of-ai-installer/

Pro Member Trainee
drwhoere Trainee

Tailhook wrote:

drwhoere wrote:

rowcoach wrote:

Try this link then: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2642/fsx-world-of-ai-installer/

Thanks! 😀

It works but, the airline packages never work!

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

how are you installing everything? Are you just not seeing any AI traffic at airports?

Make sure you have a high enough setting on your slider for airline traffic. If you already have that, then check to see both the planes and flight plans are in your computer.

planes will be in the programs/microsoftgames/fsx/simobjects/airplanes directory. Look for folders beginning with WoA. Those will be the base modles and their textures.

flight plans can be found in the ...fsx/world/scenery/world directory. Look for the .bgl files beginning with Traffic_xx_WoA. You won't be able to open these without TTtools, but if they're there, then you installed everything correctly.

if you have neither, make sure when you run the installer, you install only from the zip file. Do not unzip the file after downloading it from the WoAI site. Then follow the instructions on the when you run the installer. one note here to watch is that the default directory for the traffic is fs9. Make sure you click on fsx when asked what fs program you are running.

If you have done all this correctly, then you SHOULD have AI traffic. If you don't see anything right away, be patient or go to a busier airport.

hope that helps.

Pro Member Trainee
Flybaby Trainee

I have downloaded the WOAI installer (woains24.zip) but after reading the comments in this forum I held off installing it. While I like the promised improvements of more ground and air traffic objects, I am hesitant to install WOAI if the original assumptions and complaint in this forum is true.

1) Do the default FSX planes really disappear if WOIA is installed, or (as various WOAI packages downloaded) there are simply more planes, ground traffic and/or liveries added to the core set of FSX planes/objects?

2) Is it true that WOIA additions, if properly done and successful, work only in North America, but not for Europe? That would mean that if you fly in other parts of the world you better off not using WOIA?

3) Why shouldn't the original woains24.zip NOT unzipped. While self extracting ZIP files exists, (and woainst24.zip maybe just that), will it make any difference if the woainst24.zip is properly unzipped, then its extracted WOAI Installer.exe file is run?

Pro Member Trainee
Zeemon Trainee

Flybaby wrote:

I have downloaded the WOAI installer (woains24.zip) but after reading the comments in this forum I held off installing it. While I like the promised improvements of more ground and air traffic objects, I am hesitant to install WOAI if the original assumptions and complaint in this forum is true.

1) Do the default FSX planes really disappear if WOIA is installed, or (as various WOAI packages downloaded) there are simply more planes, ground traffic and/or liveries added to the core set of FSX planes/objects?

2) Is it true that WOIA additions, if properly done and successful, work only in North America, but not for Europe? That would mean that if you fly in other parts of the world you better off not using WOIA?

3) Why shouldn't the original woains24.zip NOT unzipped. While self extracting ZIP files exists, (and woainst24.zip maybe just that), will it make any difference if the woainst24.zip is properly unzipped, then its extracted WOAI Installer.exe file is run?

1)Yes, on FSX they dissapear unlike FS2004 where they stayed.

2)No, for example install: British Airways, KLM, lufthansa, Air France.. just these already fill up the skies in europe, and that's only just 4 of the airlines of europe/

3)Err, not sure what you mean 😛 I know that if you extract the installer, you have to extract all the files... not just the installer exe. And if you don't extract it run the exe from the archive and leave the extraction software opened, because when you close the software, it removes the tempfiles the installer needs and the installation will fail at some point.

Pro Member Trainee
Flybaby Trainee

Thank you for your quick answer Zeeman!

There is still some confusion in my mind what will happen and what needs to be done when using WOAI. Even after reading the "Installer Documentation.doc" file I still have questions.

1) As you verified it, now I understand that installation of WOAI shall remove (hide) all original planes of the default FSX set. What about other objects, such as ground vehicles, road traffic, etc? In any case it now seems clear that following the WOAI installation process we shall start with a "clean slate", and have no airplanes (and/or ground objects) at all.

2) As you wrote, installation of one or more WOAI airplane packages shall then populate the skies (KLM, Lufthansa, etc. for Europe). What about North America (Japan, etc)? Does one also have to load WOAI packages for airlines specific to North America to see the US, and/or other carriers for other geographic areas? Will KLM, Lufthansa (being transatlantic carriers) also show up by default in Nort America (Japan?) as well?

3) I think I know the answer to my last question. (It does not make any difference how we install WOAI as long as we do it the correct way following the installer's instructions.) But the reason I had a question about that is that:

rowcoach wrote:

if you have neither, make sure when you run the installer, you install only from the zip file. Do not unzip the file after downloading it from the WOAI site. Then follow the instructions on the when you run the installer.

ZIP files are packages of one or more files compacted. For users who have the WinZip (or equivalent) program, a manual UNZIP of the zip file is an option offered.

Manual unzipping (using the WinZip program) of woains24.zip, shall create 9 files. One of the extracted files is named "WOAI Installer.exe" that the user must manually invoke to start the WOAI installation process.

For users who do not have the WinZip program, developers will sometimes create a "self extracting" ZIP file. When self extracting zip files are run (double mouse clicks, or right button mouse click then Run) the package shall be automatically extracted, and most likely immediately run the file in the package that the "self extracting" file creating process designated as the starting file: "WOAI Installer.exe" .

So I do not think that there is any difference between "installing only from the zip file", or unzipping it after downloading it from the web. In either case the same 9 files shall be extracted.

Pro Member Trainee
Zeemon Trainee

Flybaby wrote:

Thank you for your quick answer Zeeman!

There is still some confusion in my mind what will happen and what needs to be done when using WOAI. Even after reading the "Installer Documentation.doc" file I still have questions.

1) As you verified it, now I understand that installation of WOAI shall remove (hide) all original planes of the default FSX set. What about other objects, such as ground vehicles, road traffic, etc? In any case it now seems clear that following the WOAI installation process we shall start with a "clean slate", and have no airplanes (and/or ground objects) at all.

2) As you wrote, installation of one or more WOAI airplane packages shall then populate the skies (KLM, Lufthansa, etc. for Europe). What about North America (Japan, etc)? Does one also have to load WOAI packages for airlines specific to North America to see the US, and/or other carriers for other geographic areas? Will KLM, Lufthansa (being transatlantic carriers) also show up by default in Nort America (Japan?) as well?

3) I think I know the answer to my last question. (It does not make any difference how we install WOAI as long as we do it the correct way following the installer's instructions.) But the reason I had a question about that is that:

rowcoach wrote:

if you have neither, make sure when you run the installer, you install only from the zip file. Do not unzip the file after downloading it from the WOAI site. Then follow the instructions on the when you run the installer.

ZIP files are packages of one or more files compacted. For users who have the WinZip (or equivalent) program, a manual UNZIP of the zip file is an option offered.

Manual unzipping (using the WinZip program) of woains24.zip, shall create 9 files. One of the extracted files is named "WOAI Installer.exe" that the user must manually invoke to start the WOAI installation process.

For users who do not have the WinZip program, developers will sometimes create a "self extracting" ZIP file. When self extracting zip files are run (double mouse clicks, or right button mouse click then Run) the package shall be automatically extracted, and most likely immediately run the file in the package that the "self extracting" file creating process designated as the starting file: "WOAI Installer.exe" .

So I do not think that there is any difference between "installing only from the zip file", or unzipping it after downloading it from the web. In either case the same 9 files shall be extracted.

1) Only the aircraft will be replaced, so you still have cars, boats, ground vehicles and all that.

2) There are airlines for anywhere in the world...
All airlines do the actual "real life" flights. So klm will only populate north america when they actually fly there from europe... So if you want north america to be crowded you should get Continental, American Airlines, United and all that...
The woai website has a nice search tool for airports aswell, so what i mostly do is whenever i plan a flight, i'm checking on that page both airports that are in my flight, see what airlines go there, and if i
don't have em installed... i install em 😛

3) I think he means the airline zip files here. You don't have to manually extract all the files... The woai installer can just read from the actuall zip file...

Pro Member Trainee
Flybaby Trainee

I got it all. Is there, in your experience, any performance hit when loading (too) many WOAI packages? My system runs FSX with about 20FPS, but while on the ground, airports with more traffic (objects) can many times be run only with 13-15FPS. This is when aside of some ground traffic, the plane is stationary, (engines/lights off) parking at the gate! There is nothing (no change in weather or any autogen objects (trees, buildings, water, etc) to refresh. Of course that is an issue for Microsoft, but I am curious what should I expect with WOAI. Thanks!

Pro Member Trainee
Zeemon Trainee

Flybaby wrote:

I got it all. Is there, in your experience, any performance hit when loading (too) many WOAI packages? My system runs FSX with about 20FPS, but while on the ground, airports with more traffic (objects) can many times be run only with 13-15FPS. This is when aside of some ground traffic, the plane is stationary, (engines/lights off) parking at the gate! There is nothing (no change in weather or any autogen objects (trees, buildings, water, etc) to refresh. Of course that is an issue for Microsoft, but I am curious what should I expect with WOAI. Thanks!

They take up far and i mean FAR less then the default FSX AI. So far i have 115 airlines installed... Amsterdam Schiphol is really full like in reall life, and the diffrence between AI on and off is about 5 fps. Where as the default AI on and off is about 15 fps... So don't worry about that i'd say 😉

Pro Member Trainee
Brennan Trainee

Hi, I am Brennan, and I was wondering where do I extract all the files to because it doesn't say where. Umm.....I am really mad 😞 because I try installing the woai package and this thing pops up like a caution and you can ignore it, but then the woai won't install everything. This is for FS2004.

This is what comes up with the pop up.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, Version=0.84.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1b03e6acf1164f73' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, Version=0.84.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1b03e6acf1164f73'
at WOAI_Installer.frmMain.ReadPackage()
at WOAI_Installer.frmMain.btnNext_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Pro Member Trainee
larobley Trainee

wow 😳 I just created a woai folder and put everything in there 😎

Pro Member Trainee
Brennan Trainee

Where do I put the folder ❓ Also what do I put in it?

Pro Member Trainee
shylock (scottyboy39) Trainee

After downloading it I followed the instructions included and got a pop up about debugging. Then the window stayed with the hour glass for about 45 minutes then I closed it.

can I install world of ai into my FSX demo? Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...