How do you control the float plane?

Hey guys and gals.... I'm not new to FS but I am to the float plane. I know you can use the rudder but it does not work well. Is there a reverse thrust type of thing? In one of the missions you need to pick up a guy from the dock. The problem is it is VERY hard to turn around sharp (really you can't do it at all on this little lake.). You can't stop and if you run into the shore you can't turn around. HELP!!!!!

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys and gals.... I'm not new to FS but I am to the float plane. I know you can use the rudder but it does not work well. Is there a reverse thrust type of thing? In one of the missions you need to pick up a guy from the dock. The problem is it is VERY hard to turn around sharp (really you can't do it at all on this little lake.). You can't stop and if you run into the shore you can't turn around. HELP!!!!!

You need to put down the Water Rudder. If you are flying the Beaver the handle for it is in the lower left of the virtual cockpit. Lower left on the 2d panel also. If you can't find it let me know.

Pro Member Trainee
B2Fan Trainee

Oh ya.. I use it. It didn't do any good. I still can't stop, turn sharp or control myself when trying to stop at a dock.

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

It is really tough and takes practise. These is no secret.
I found the learning centre good for the float planes. It teaches you about using different flap settings to get the wind to help you etc etc.

VonKyrin Guest

I'm not sure, but I believe that Reverse Thrusters won't work on most planes until after you land.

I kept having a problem with Reverse Thrusters because I usually am playing FS at night, in the dark, and I kept hitting the Esc key instead of F2 (Way too easy to do, in the dark when you struggling with a difficult landing.)

I had good luck re-mapping the Reverse Thrusters to one of the buttons on my joy stick, but I believe you have to actually be in contact with the runway to actually activate Reverse Thrust.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Give me a link to a floatplane with reverse thrusters -- I'd sure like to try one out. Radar

Pro Member Trainee
B2Fan Trainee

I got it working. Thanks guys. You have been a great help.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...