PMDG 747 ILS PROBLEMS!

Pro Member Trainee
Pappy55 Trainee

Ok. I have followed every guide I can find for this and I am about to give up with this plane...

I set the NAV radios on the FMC in the NAV RAD button

I enter for example 110.90/270 last 3 digits being the course of the runway. I can hear a Morse code beeping so I take off fly away for a while and head back when I can hear the beeping again I press the button to tack the localizer which I don’t think its doing correctly and if I press APP it gives me an error in the FMC with Invalid NAV.

I have also tried with out the course heading at the end of the freq

I also have the runway selected in the depart approach page

I am flying at the correct speed and flap setting for approach and under 2000ft

Anyone know why this is happening?

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Learn on less complex planes before you try attempting to fly the most complex ones.

Are you landing on the runway that you have selecting in the FMC?

Pro Member Trainee
Pappy55 Trainee

yes

I can do ILS in the PMDG 737 and the default MS ones.

I just don't know what I am doing wrong..

Is it an issue with FS9 that ILS will only work with an IFR plan filed or something?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

No its something you are doing, does this work at every airport or just one?

Pro Member Trainee
Pappy55 Trainee

It happens at every Airport I try.
😞

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

I've had that same problem

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Yeah sucks to be you guys then.

Search there forums, lots of info there.

Pro Member Trainee
Pappy55 Trainee

I just finally got her down on auto 😀

pilatflyr.. if you are still having problems try this if you have not already..

Open the NAV/RAD

I assume you already know how to enter the frequencies here. in this image i have highlighted a button. If PARK is next to this you must press the button and the radio should then be manually tuned with the frequency. thats what my problem was.

Hope it helps..

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

good that you found the answer...PMDG 747-400 is a beauty to fly and it is not a month's job to learn this aircraft...It takes a good long time to learn this aircraft..so have patience dear...Just don't restrict yourself to PMDG manuals..

Pro Member Trainee
calum Trainee

Thank you pappy55. I bought this plane some time ago, and now I can enjoy flying it as I can now tune the ils thanks to your post.

I tried to post back in June for some help ( which was very simple, all I was doing wrong was not inputting a dash and the runway number after the frequency in the FMC). Unfortunately, the same ignorant childish fool who gave you stupid condescending replies, chose to do the same to me, rather than help. Helping would have taken less effort if he knew the answer. I don't see the point of this forum if one of the purposes is not to help people!

Actually, this person posts a lot of information which I have found to be very helpful, I just don't understand why he feels the need to often patronise and insult people.

zwadia Guest

Where can u find these PMDG Aircrafts.. Could some one help me out

Thanks

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer
Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

yup, didn't even think about trying that. thanks a bunch

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...