HUD

budsie175 Guest

On an ILS approach with HUD, how far out does the visuals appear?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

That would all depend on the weather, now wouldnt it 🙂

budsie175 Guest

I am referring to the visual flight path.

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

still depends on the weather

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

This could be because I'm terribily tired at the moment, but what's a visual flight path? "Flight Path" rings a bell, and that is not something you can actually see, "Visual Approach" comes to mind, which again isn't something tangible, but "visual flight path"..? Dont Know

remind me..

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Ah - I got it. Its the function that draws virtual 'guides' or marks on the screen that get you down to the runway. Please do excuse me, I have only used this function once in my life and that was to see what it was, and then never looked at it again as I personally do not like it at all.

They appear as soon as you can receive the ILS frequency, as that's what they are linked to. At least - thats what I just found when I tried it out.

budsie175 Guest

This is what I was referring to. It is listed under Aircraft as Visual flight path. In FS2002 it was only visible from the cockpit but in FSX it seems to be viible from a chase view also. Can be used with or without ILS. Good for practicing landings.

By default, the range of nearly all Locallizer/ILS transmitters in FS9 is 27 nautical miles. These transmitters are located at the far end of any given runway, so if a runway is 10,000' long, you'll be closer to 25 NM from touchdown before you pick it up.

Bud

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...