Flying on FSPax in a Learjet 45. It was only a small flight so my tanks were only filled to 40%. When I started the flight the weight in the tanks were equal. However, 10 minutes into the flight it appeared that the left tank was decreasing quicker than the right. I declared an emergency etc and by the time I got on final approach to the redirected airport the left tank had nearly 300 pounds less fuel. I wasn't on fuel crossfeed or anything. So you would assume that I had a fuel leak in the left tank but when I checked the report after it said I had declared an emergency without good reason.
Therefore, how am I meant to know when the times comes to having a real fuel leak. Why did this happen in the first place?
Od
2 Answers
could of been your fuel pump switch settings???
Or asymmettric thrust... I dont think (although I could easily be wrong), that fuelpump settings affect the fuel consumption in default A/C.
I find that generally, in the default A/C the fuelpumps don't do a whole lot.
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FS2004 — recently answered
FS2004Where can I download Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004?Download free Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004, including Athens, Samos and multi-airport…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download FS2004 Vueling and BA A320 liveries?Download Vueling and British Airways Airbus A320 liveries for FS2004, match each repaint to…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Venezuela scenery for FS2004?Download Venezuela scenery for FS2004, including Cumaná airport and AFCAD2 upgrades, with…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Singapore Changi scenery for FS2004?Download free Singapore Changi Airport (WSSS) scenery for FS2004, choose the visual package or…Read answer →
First Officer
Trainee