Not a problem?????

Pro Member First Officer
Odyssey First Officer

Flying on FSPax in a Learjet 45. It was only a small flight so my tanks were only filled to 40%. When I started the flight the weight in the tanks were equal. However, 10 minutes into the flight it appeared that the left tank was decreasing quicker than the right. I declared an emergency etc and by the time I got on final approach to the redirected airport the left tank had nearly 300 pounds less fuel. I wasn't on fuel crossfeed or anything. So you would assume that I had a fuel leak in the left tank but when I checked the report after it said I had declared an emergency without good reason.
Therefore, how am I meant to know when the times comes to having a real fuel leak. Why did this happen in the first place?
Od

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Pappy55 Trainee

could of been your fuel pump switch settings???

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Or asymmettric thrust... I dont think (although I could easily be wrong), that fuelpump settings affect the fuel consumption in default A/C.
I find that generally, in the default A/C the fuelpumps don't do a whole lot.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...