Saitek or CH

RaMiuS Guest

I want to buy the best joystick out there for maximum around $200. But the problem is that I am lefthanded so the stick has to be good for both hands (or only the left 🙄 ), this also means I cant have eny of that HOTAS stuff sadly 😞 (this is the first time beeing lefthanded feels like an disability). Crying or Very sad

Enyway I think the best ones would bee Saitek Cyborg Evo Force or CH Products Flightstick. Does enyone know which is the best.

Does the Flightstick have Force Feedback, I cant see eny info of that. If it doesnt have it then why is it regarded as one of the best sticks.

If enyone knows of eny other stick jsut as good, then please post that aswell!

Thanks!

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
RaMiuS Guest

whoops, think I posted this one in the wrong topic

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

RaMiuS wrote:

I want to buy the best joystick out there for maximum around $200. But the problem is that I am lefthanded so the stick has to be good for both hands (or only the left 🙄 ), this also means I cant have eny of that HOTAS stuff sadly 😞 (this is the first time beeing lefthanded feels like an disability). Crying or Very sad
Enyway I think the best ones would bee Saitek Cyborg Evo Force or CH Products Flightstick. Does enyone know which is the best.
Does the Flightstick have Force Feedback, I cant see eny info of that. If it doesnt have it then why is it regarded as one of the best sticks.
Thanks!

The best controller, in my opinion is the CH Flight Yoke. It's made to be flown with the left hand just as a real aircraft is. The CH Throttle Quadrant and the CH Rudder pedals are great additions to the yoke. I have all three and I love them.
http://www.chproducts.com/retail/yokes.html

PS Force feedback is an old feature that is overrated. Most new controller don't have it. It was more trouble than it was worth.

CRJCapt wrote:

RaMiuS wrote:

Thanks!

The best controller, in my opinion is the CH Flight Yoke. It's made to be flown with the left hand just as a real aircraft is. The CH Throttle Quadrant and the CH Rudder pedals are great additions to the yoke. I have all three and I love them.
http://www.chproducts.com/retail/yokes.html

PS Force feedback is an old feature that is overrated. Most new controller don't have it. It was more trouble than it was worth.

Ok, thanks, good info but a joke isnt really what Im looking for, I want to fly choppers aswell så thats why Im looking for a stick. Do you have eny experience of the Flightstick or do you or enyone else know where I could read a good review of the it and the Saitek unit, maybee a comparison of the two?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I think your instincts where right, the Saitek Cyborg Evo Force seems to be the best for a south paw. 🙂

Review
http://www.justechn.com/reviews/articles/2005/01/04/saitek_cyborg.php

RaMiuS Guest

thanks for the link and thanks for the "south paw" reference, it makes it all sound a little bit cooler 😀

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

I have the Saitek Cyborg Evo and it is a great flight stick, i have'nt tried it but everything seems to be adjustable for right hand or "south paw".

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Cancel that! I just removed the handrest and this does'nt adjust the other way around as i thought it did! You can remove the hand rest, but then you would'nt have a comfy rest (if you know what i mean). 😳

RaMiuS Guest

Welshflyer wrote:

I have the Saitek Cyborg Evo and it is a great flight stick, i have'nt tried it but everything seems to be adjustable for right hand or "south paw".

You meen it seems like it is adjustable for both regular booring right hand configuration and cool Rocky Balboa style south paw configuration! 😀

thanks for the feedback though!!

RaMiuS Guest

Welshflyer wrote:

Cancel that! I just removed the handrest and this does'nt adjust the other way around as i thought it did! You can remove the hand rest, but then you would'nt have a comfy rest (if you know what i mean). 😳

OK, thanks for the effort, I will go by a shop and try it. Thankfully the saitek stick is quite usual on display, where as the CH is only available in webshops where I live.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Just reposted this because it came in somewhere after yours(it'll knock you into tomorrow Rock). 😀

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

We're crossing here somewhere! 🙄

RaMiuS Guest

Welshflyer wrote:

We're crossing here somewhere! 🙄

hehe, yeas I think so 😀

RaMiuS Guest

Is it possible to combine a Saitek joystick with a CH Throttle or pedal set?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

RaMiuS wrote:

Yes

RaMiuS Guest

CRJCapt wrote:

RaMiuS wrote:

Yes

ok, thanks for all the support then, it was very useful. I think Iv made up my mind on the Saitek unit, but I will first go and check it out in a store.

I might even become a member here, this was my first visit.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

It's always nice to hear from someone new! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

pokey1694 wrote:

are you a baseball fan CRJ?

No, not really, I just remember hearing the term. I spelled it wrong, it should be southpaw. 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...