Go/Rotate

Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

OK, so here's one that is burning at me.

There is no way to calculate a go speed for the CRJ. This is the speed that it is impossible to stop by the end of the runway and you are committed to take off. Thus, any emergency would then become an airborne emergency.

The rotate speeds (V1) come with the POH, but nothing about stopping distance, etc.

Project Opensky did a great job in this little bird, but I wish that they got a bit more technical with flight planning/perameters for those that wish to use them.

Oh well, back to the dispatch room.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest

V1 is decision speed
VR is rotate speed
Therefore if they have provided V1- stop for engine failure, blocked runway, wing dropping off! On and after V1 take it into the air. VR although important in the real world is not as significant in flight sim. You may scrape the tail but hey! Remember V speeds will change with weight, altitude, temperature and depend on the R/W in use/airport.

Pro Member First Officer

Sorry, I meant Vr, not V1.

I was just wondering. When you take off in the CRJ, you rotate at Vr, then when you reach V2+15-20 you can take out the slats.

Flaps are retracted at 2,000 feet and then off you go...cleaned up and climbing!

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

I have the WILCO Bombardier CRJ, which is different to yours but I think from memory the V speeds are as follows:-

V1 - 107
VR - 109
V2 - 113

........ try these... I remember thinking they were quite low V speeds for a Jet but the CRJ series are quite light for there class.

Pro Member First Officer

Mine are quite higher.

At a GW of 51,000 lbs here's the break down.

Flaps 8 Degrees
Vr- 146
V2-155

Flaps 20 Degrees (haven't had a need to use this yet)
Vr-137
V2-148

I don't have any info on V1, but I took it up to 180 the other day and was able to stop with about 200 foot remaining at KPIT. I used reverse thrust and brakes below 90 knots. Not very realistic, but oh well!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...