ATC upgrade

Pro Member First Officer
Dan Young (dannyboy2005) First Officer

Is there any thing out there that will improve my ATC, make it more real?

Thanks

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

Radar Contact

http://www.jdtllc.com/

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks for your reply for the ATC upgrade

I'm on the sie you sent me http://www.jdtllc.com/ and i go to

ADVDISP/ShowText version 2.1.3 or newer available from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

it takes me to http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html. I go to the fs2004 section but i dont know what one to download. Could you help?

Thanks

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

oh sorry, check out here

http://www.jdtllc.com/products.htm

Pro Member First Officer

Has anyone got it? Is it any good?

Thanks

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

its very good, worth every penny, but all your flights have to be filed, either VFR or IFR. No bush flying with this software 🙂

Pro Member First Officer

Oh ok, I'll give it a shot and will report back to ya. Thanks

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

I use it and it is fine ..But first read the manuals and then try else you will start getting disappointed...It's not like the default ATC ...It is much more realistic...

Pro Member First Officer

I have just found something and its EditVoicepack. I'v installed it,read instructions but when i open it, the programe says "Reading Voicepack". I let it read it but i's taking ages. So far 30 minutes have gone and nothing has budged. Oh yer, is EditVoicepack a improvementon ATC?

Thanks

why use ATC that is computer generated when you can talk to real people on vatsim which is fantastic!! It is awesome and only takes a little while to be able to communicate on voice.

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

dannyboy2005 wrote:

I have just found something and its EditVoicepack. I'v installed it,read instructions but when i open it, the programe says "Reading Voicepack". I let it read it but i's taking ages. So far 30 minutes have gone and nothing has budged. Oh yer, is EditVoicepack a improvementon ATC?

Thanks

Yes it is, but only in terms of ATC Vocabulary (disregarding a rare exception) Upside is that ATC will no longer call you "Expirimental" or something if it doesn't recognise your aircraft, because EVP will add most of the aircraft types/manufacturers and airlines to FS9.

But don't expect it to change to "real" ATC and start giving you SID's/STAR's, proper TA/TL's, or to stop landing Cessna's in front of B737's etc.

Best advise is of the previous poster, come fly online

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

why use ATC that is computer generated when you can talk to real people on vatsim which is fantastic!! It is awesome and only takes a little while to be able to communicate on voice.

I'm sure this is sound advice, but there are two reasons why I can't do it:

play in the same room where my wife and I sleep. I'm sure she'd just love me talking to the computer as she was trying to take a nap 😂

I ain't good enough to play that way - not yet anyway. Someday soon, I hope...

i wouldnt use the word 'play' when you are leaving heathorw on a busy friday night and getting your clearances live from atc whilst flying the pmdg aircraft. To 'play' you could just go round anywhere smashing into buildings but thats not the point in it

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

i wouldnt use the word 'play' when you are leaving heathorw on a busy friday night and getting your clearances live from atc whilst flying the pmdg aircraft. To 'play' you could just go round anywhere smashing into buildings but thats not the point in it

Fair enough - I just used "play" for want of a better word.

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

antone wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

I'm sure this is sound advice, but there are two reasons why I can't do it:

play in the same room where my wife and I sleep. I'm sure she'd just love me talking to the computer as she was trying to take a nap 😂

I ain't good enough to play that way - not yet anyway. Someday soon, I hope...

Hi Antone,

From what I remember, you seem to be rather serious about flying, which would make it a shame not to fly online.

I've started flying online a few months ago, and it's one of the best things I've ever done in FS.

If you ever want to start flying at IVAO I'd be happy to answer some of the questions about the basics you might have.

I also do ATC at Gatwick Airport when time permits, you could do a little trial flight from there to at least talk to someone you "know" (you know what I mean)

Entirely up to you ofcourse, but if ever, give me a shout 🙂

[EDIT] Forgot to say, on IVAO, using only TEXT to communicate with ATC is commonly accepted - although voice is much more fun.
Night flights with sleeping relatives nearby is no problem at all 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Hi Antone,

From what I remember, you seem to be rather serious about flying, which would make it a shame not to fly online.

I've started flying online a few months ago, and it's one of the best things I've ever done in FS.

If you ever want to start flying at IVAO I'd be happy to answer some of the questions about the basics you might have.

I also do ATC at Gatwick Airport when time permits, you could do a little trial flight from there to at least talk to someone you "know" (you know what I mean)

Entirely up to you ofcourse, but if ever, give me a shout 🙂

[EDIT] Forgot to say, on IVAO, using only TEXT to communicate with ATC is commonly accepted - although voice is much more fun.
Night flights with sleeping relatives nearby is no problem at all 🙂

I'm serious about aviation, but I'm a lousy flyer. However, if the site you metioned has controllers for Harrisburg, PA, I'd give it a go. I think I'd be better at ATC than at flying. PM me some time and let me know the details.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...