error problem

Pro Member Trainee
freddo69 Trainee

Greetings All.
I have a problem with re installing fsx. i get an error message that reads as follows.
"Error 1612
The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.
The recommended fix is, Microsoft which advises that you download and run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and then retry the install process.
I have done the recommended process but the installer list only refers to office and no reference to fsx.
i have de fragged,installed registry software, tried it all but i still get the same message and cant install fsx again.
Can anyone please help, it driving me bonkers and i cant fly...
Freddo

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
stuismad1981 Guest

Hey fella,

Click start > RUN > then type in box regedit then press enter.

On the left hand side there is registry folders click to highlight one and locate the edit tab on the top of the programs box, then click on FIND and then type in Flight Simulator X or just Flight Simulator, if it does find any delete the registry entry and do this for every registry folder. reboot your pc and try installing FS X again. if not i dunno.

Or try downloading CCleaner some cool things it does!

Pro Member Trainee
freddo69 Trainee

cheers mate
will give it a run

Pro Member Trainee
freddo69 Trainee

Nope still get the same old message, still cannot load the sim, maybe format the drive is the only answer
Freddo

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...