SWAT 4

Jamie4590 Guest

Just got this for the PC and its an incredible game. Very tense and highly detailed surroundings. You progress through the levels on points so the 'rules of engagement' have to be followed. Makes a change from GTA SA!

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I'll have to check it out, thanks for the tip. 👍

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

I have it great game and very tense and jumpy. You turn a corner there could be a dead body, or in multiplayer your brains will get shot out. It's so entertaining but you need to be very aware of your sorroundings.

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

what system are you running it on, and how is it performing?

Jamie4590 Guest

My system is:

512RAM
P4 2.3 processor
GFORCE card

Its a few years old and needs upgrading but SWAT 4 runs great on it. It was choppy on the ultra high settings but high is perfect. I'm tackling the expansion pack now which has some welcome additions. One is the ability to hold team orders and give a 'go' command which leads to some fantastic moments. The enemy AI is excellent and much harder in the expansion pack as well.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

gotta check it out, I bet there's a demo somewhere... 😀

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

hms_endeavour wrote:

gotta check it out, I bet there's a demo somewhere... 😀

Same here, thanks for the info Jamie, Seems it should run fine on my PC as well.

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

The requirements are quite easy to meet:

Windows 98/2000/XP
Intel Pentium 3 1.0 GHZ
256 Ram
nVidia GeForce2 32MB +
2GB Hard Drive
DVD ROM

Mine meet those very easily and as time goes on it gets even easier to meet.

There is a newish add on to it which gives more MP options, more weapons and missions.

Jamie4590 Guest

I've tried a few titles recently on my machine which it just couldn't handle because of my lack of RAM.

FEAR
PRAY
Rainbow Six: Lockdown
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

The minimum system requirements for the above is 512k RAM but don't bother unless you want 2-3 FPS and thats with the very lowest settings! Very frustrating becuase Ghost Recon: AW looks great. I'm lucky that SWAT 4 runs so well and given the fact the enemy and hostages always change their location each time you load makes it very replayable.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...