Level-D SID/STAR data updates - how to?

Pro Member Trainee
renesis Trainee

Hi,

It's really strange as I've done this before without any problems but this time around it won't work!

The problem is with installing SID/STAR data into the Level D 767 FMC. I previously used the Navdata website and downloaded an all-in-one and I don't recall any issues with the process. Incidentally, the reason I'm doing it over again is as a result of a full system recovery.

Once the "all-in-one" is downloaded WinRAR opens the download and displays the following files:

approaches
sids
stars
nadata_sidstar_readme.txt

Clicking on the readme you'd expect to get some instruction on what to do and where to do it. Not in this case - it seems to be only the credits. Opening one of the other files you can see lots of airport specific data but the file formats don't match those within Level D'd navdata file in FS9. Obviously I don't wnat to copy/paste any unusual files into there. Also, with this download there is no data for UK airports - and I recall that there were with the previous update.

I've tried e.mailing navdata but no response as yet.

So basically the questions?

1.Does anyone know where to extract these files or what to do with them?
2. Failing the above, can anyone suggest another website where I might find SID/STAR data for Level D?

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Dan

P.S. I did used the same website for my PMDG all-in-one and there were no problems whatsoever - I simply extracted the files directly to the relevant PMDG folder.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You must have missed it. I'm posting here only the top part of the readme file -- the last paragraph here are the installation instructions.

From what I can see, the path is correct and everything seems in order:

LDS767 / SID-STAR INFORMATION FILE
created on 2007-02-09 21:51:52

NAVData-Service homepage: http://www.navdata.at
Richard Stefan (c) 2006

This file is a automatic generated file from the NAVData-Service homepage
and include the copyright information of the covered procedure-files.

All files here are freeware and MAY NOT be used, recompiled, interpretted,
linked or distributed for ANY purpose without the express WRITTEN consent
of the NAVData-Service team.

COMMERCIAL USE of this data is STRICTLY prohibited!

USE THE FILES ON YOUR OWN RISK - NAVDATA DO NOT SUPPORT ANY FILES!

Installation instruction:
copy & overwrite all files into following folder:
<FS-mainfolder>\Level-D Simulations\navdata

Pro Member Trainee
renesis Trainee

Thanks very much!

Guess what? It takes a brave man to admit this but...............
I downloaded 767 PIC by mistake and not level D!!

please ensure that any abuse is within forum rules!!

Cheers
Dan
Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

renesis wrote:

Thanks very much!

Guess what? It takes a brave man to admit this but...............
I downloaded 767 PIC by mistake and not level D!!

please ensure that any abuse is within forum rules!!

Cheers
Dan
Embarassed

I had half a suspicion that that's what might have happened because I did the same but cancelled the download when I realised it. At the second attempt I made sure to select the LDS because the default points to the PIC and I thought I mustn't have changed it on my first attempt. BUT... the download started and it was the PIC again 😳
The only way I finally managed to lasso it was by leaving the site and re-entering it... weird 😀

wannabe pilot Guest

Ok so I downoladed the aforementioned file. I opened it and all it has are xml files?

Where do these file go?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

wannabe pilot wrote:

I opened it and all it has are xml files?

Negative. If you look closely, you'll find a readme file which will answer your question. 😉

wannabe pilot Guest

ok so i replaced all the files in navdata folder. for example i don't see any SID's and STAR's for KSFO. the only SID's and STAR's i see are the airports with a .apt extension.

What am i doing wrong here?

still navigating nowhere.... 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Strange... I've got the KSFO in my folder. I've uploaded it here ➡

http://www.sendspace.com/file/eqivvn

You can also try your luck here ➡

http://www.navdata.at/php/sidstar/dl_list.php?addon=LDS767&icao=KSFO

I'm surprised your files have the .apt extension. I would try a re-install of the All-In-One and follow the instructions to the letter.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...