Sound off

Pro Member Trainee
peter106 Trainee

I never had an issue with the sound on FSX. However, recently when I start a mission or free flight, the sound is off. I checked my settings and everything seems to be correct. Noe of the mute boxes are checked. Has anyone experienced the same problem and how do I fix it? Thanks

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

peter106 wrote:

I never had an issue with the sound on FSX. However, recently when I start a mission or free flight, the sound is off. I checked my settings and everything seems to be correct. Noe of the mute boxes are checked. Has anyone experienced the same problem and how do I fix it? Thanks

Unsure of what it could be but to try the simple things first, ensure that you have normal sound in another application and hit [Q] when in FSX.

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

I have had same problem. Even with q on I wont hear them. You need to toggle with your soung setting. So when in game try pressing alt then going into the sound settings. Some of those by be checked thats how I fixed it. Once your done restart comp or fsx and it should work.

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

With me, this happens with some add-on aircraft: I load that plane, go to a flight, and sound defaults to off, although I can turn it back on at the ingame menu.

mdaskalos

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

I had this happen to me last night. 😳 Weird, no sound despite checking all my settings, regular sound on the computer worked fine, but not on sim... All by itself it suddenly came on. I think it might have been Gremlins after all we have virtual aircraft, why not virtual gremlins as well? Would seem to explain some of the odd things that occur in SimX.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...