3D glasses

Pro Member Trainee
abaris Trainee

Can anyone provide me with settings for the E-Dimensional glasses, the ones, that are advertised here on the site. I purchased them and all I get in FS 2004 are flickering ghost images. The cooly hat for view changes doesn't work.

I have an athlon XP 2000+, Geforce 4ti 4400, drivers 4.5.2.3, DX9.1

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
jbatch Trainee

abaris wrote:

Can anyone provide me with settings for the E-Dimensional glasses, the ones, that are advertised here on the site. I purchased them and all I get in FS 2004 are flickering ghost images. The cooly hat for view changes doesn't work.

I have an athlon XP 2000+, Geforce 4ti 4400, drivers 4.5.2.3, DX9.1

Hey abaris,
I just bought the e-dimensional glasses too. I can't get them to do anything on fs 2004. I got them to work on a racing game, but I got them for FS. When you buy them, they assume you have windows xp. I have ME. They finally sent the right drivers for windows ME, and they installed ok. I'm waiting to hear back about the FS problem. Do you have all of the instructions on the hot keys? I know some of the adjustments have to be made with the glasses off first. If not, let me know and I'll send them to you. Are you using the F5 key to turn them on?
jbatch

Pro Member Trainee
abaris Trainee

I have windows XP. And the funny thing is, that the glasses work perfectly in my favorite Racing SIMs (Rally Trophy, F1 Championship and GPL), but in FS 2004 I get nothing than distorted flickering images.

I'm turning them on with the button (I've got the wireless ones) and turn the 3d effects on manually. I've made all the adjustements and since the glasses function in most every application save FS 2004, there can't be a configuration problem.

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Have you guys managed to get the eDimensional glasses working with FS2004 yet?

Pro Member Trainee
abaris Trainee

Nope. As I said. They work perfectly with my favorite race SIMs (so the money wasn't wasted), but I have no luck whatsoever with FS 2004.

Pro Member Trainee
jbatch Trainee

abaris wrote:

Nope. As I said. They work perfectly with my favorite race SIMs (so the money wasn't wasted), but I have no luck whatsoever with FS 2004.

Hey Guy's,

Here is the e mail address of the guy I've been working with at E-Dimensional. His name is Nathan Newman and he has given me help with my glasses. Maybe he has an answer for you.
nathan@edimensional.com

Good Luck!
jbatch

Pro Member Trainee
abaris Trainee

Well, I wrote to him and this is what I got back:

It sounds like a problem with anti-aliasing. It could either be from the version of the driver you have installed or for something in your settings that needs to be fixed. Go to the stereo properties in to the 'stereo compatibility section' and check the box that says "turn off anti aliasing for stereo"

Also, underneath the stereo properties menu item, go to "Performance and Quality Settings" and turn Antialiasing to OFF.

Best Regards,

Nathan
eDimensional, Inc.

It's working for me. The only problem that's left now is, that FS doesn't react properly to my controler whilst in 3d mode. I have discovered two planes so far with the joystick problem - the douglas and the cessna. The others are working fine. I can't imagine, why those two don't react to the joystick if I change nothing else than the graphics.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...