FS9-ERROR

x pilot Guest

Hi guys

I have just downloaded that announciator panel from Avsim. Istalled it, did what it said into my aircraft cfg file..

Then when i started Fs9 it popped up with a ERROR-FS9, aircraft or program in incompatiable, FSSound.dll file

Anyway uninstalled the program put the old back up of the cfg file back into the aircraft folder and its still doing the same thing!!! it is anoying when you load up the sim!

Aircraft i tryed to install it too is the POSKY 737-700 Air Berlin and my OS is Windows Vista Business....

Thanks guys

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

From the Greg737 Panel Readme:
If you get an FSsound.dll warning when loading Flight Sim just add this line to your fs9.cfg file. FSsound.dll must be loaded for the crew annoucements and Altitude callouts to work.

[OLDMODULES]
FSsound.dll=1

It worked for me for this particular panel when I was using it, but that's a "long" time ago.

Give it a shot... can't hurt. If it doesn't work, simply remove the code again you added; you won't destroy anything.

EDIT Forgot, the FS9.cfg is, or should be, located in

..:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9\

x pilot Guest

Cheers for the reply, i cant find the fs9 cfg, even typing it into the search, searching all files etc i cant find it! strange, the sim runs fine just the irritant on start up!

x pilot Guest

i must be thick? i just cant find it, Fs9 cd cannot repair like Fsx, i had a feeling when i installed that, think Vista did not like that program!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You have to 'unhide' Hidden Files and Folders Idea

x pilot Guest

there is no documents and settings on my pc, my fs9 is in D:\program files / mircosoft games / fs2004 etc

FsX is also in this partition, conflictions?

when i do a search for the file i only get other cfg files, ie for settings, and other stuff in computer language not the fs9 cfg...

in the documents folder there are tree folder for Fs9 and Fsx, Fs9 contains previuos flight plans, Fsx contains setting cfg.

if it was xp i would know exactly where to go and show the hidden files, i feel like a mong cause i dont know now.

do you guys run vista and where in what is it hidden... on the other pc i have where the kids play flight sim i can find it, on this ha ha ha ha ha... no. XP vs VISTA

thanks for the time

x pilot Guest

ha in vista it comes under

AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FS9

x pilot Guest

Fixed it!

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

So sorry, I neglected the fact you had Vista... I'm running an XP system as you will have guessed...

Anyway..glad it's fixed now 🙂

x pilot Guest

ARD, no worries, at least i know where everything is in my computer now, easy on xp, vista ha ha took me some hours but i found it and kept note, so i guess when everyone goes vista make a not of this topic to find the fs9.cfg

thanks for the help!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...