A Strange problem related to Engines

nrkazmi Guest

For the last few days I am experiencing a strange problem. This almost occurs with most of the aircraft. The problem is that I am all set to take off my Cessna 172/182 or for that purpose any other aircraft. I release brakes and either increase throttle by F3 or give full throttle by F4. The aircraft rolls on but after 5-7 seconds the engines automatically slowly go back to idle. I again increase full power by pressing F4 once again. The aircraft speeds up for 5-7 seconds and then again the power drops automatically to idle. This is happening both in FS 2002 as well as FS 2004.
I dont know what the Hell is wrong with FS.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Have you tried going into the ASSIGNMENTS settings ? Check to see that all the keys are as they were, and that the THROTTLE cut key hasn't been set with too large a REPEAT value.

Best bet would be to invest in a Joystick - Flight Sim is extremely limited using Keyboard only.... Using a Joystick (even an inexpensive budget one) will bring the simulation alive.

Pro Member First Officer
Rambunctious First Officer

Have you got a joystick plugged in? Maybe you need to recalibrate it, since the throttle cal may be outa whack.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

GPS-Kid...While a joystick is useful for turning the aircraft, I find that the throttle is far to imprecise when changing N1% on cruise at FL320. I just use the keyboard.

Guest-with-odd-name: I would suggest just re-starting the sim when that happens...it does it to me from time to time. After I restart it, it stops. If it doesnt after that, I dont know what to tell you, try re-caliberating it as rambuncitions suggested.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...