not really sim related

huskertko Guest

know this isn't really related to FS2004 but it seems that the people here have a pretty good grip on the PC flight world.

I just bought Jetfighter IV and it won't start for me. It load the start screen, where i can choose single mission or campaign, after that selection the game freezes on a black screen. I have uninstalled/reinstalled several time with no luck. I have also done a clean boot and tried to run the game that way but still no luck.

Like i said this is more game related than simulator related, but any advice on the problem would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sorry, never heard of the game. Without knowing your system specs it's hard to guess.
You should have at least a good 128mb video card with the latest drivers.
Most of all be sure that you have the latest version of DirectX 9.0c.

Also go to Windows Update and get the latest patches.
Let us know how you do.

Radar

huskertko wrote:

know this isn't really related to FS2004 but it seems that the people here have a pretty good grip on the PC flight world.

I just bought Jetfighter IV and it won't start for me. It load the start screen, where i can choose single mission or campaign, after that selection the game freezes on a black screen. I have uninstalled/reinstalled several time with no luck. I have also done a clean boot and tried to run the game that way but still no luck.

Like i said this is more game related than simulator related, but any advice on the problem would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Having the same problem with Jetfighter IV 😞 ... Did you have any luck in fixing the problem ? .. And if so, what did you do to fix it ?
Thanx ..
KOL

dcfields Guest

I have tried it on a toshiba satelite and on a Dell Lattitude, different error messages. to get the error message, when the screen goes blank go to task manager and you can see the error popup window.

Both systems have directx 9
The game only requires a 3d accelerator with 4Meg ram
I tried emailing support. They give a UK phone #

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

It's probably because the game is so old that it will not work. I have a few games from say 1999/2000 that won't work on my super dooper puter now.

It's just a thought - I maybe wrong. Umm...

find your jetfighter4 folder in program files, open and you'll find JF4 configuration setting, open and find line that says simUseLoaderThread=1, change the 1 to 0 and save file. Happy Flying!

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Anonymous wrote:

find your jetfighter4 folder in program files, open and you'll find JF4 configuration setting, open and find line that says simUseLoaderThread=1, change the 1 to 0 and save file. Happy Flying!

I have never heard that approach to fixing a game before but it just may work.

Sting-USA Guest

Anonymous wrote:

THIS WORKS...THANKS A BUNCH!!!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...