Missions Missing

Pro Member Trainee
harm7 Trainee

Feel stupid, but added some missions today, now when i load fsx up it says "no missions available". The directory exists and is populated with all including new ones added.

Any Help to get my missions back??

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Odd, I never use the missions (yes I did the first 4 out of curiosity).
The only solution I can come up with is to drop in disk 1 and choose repair.
Fair warning, like with all changes there is the possibility of screwing up something else.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
harm7 Trainee

Thanks Radar, didn't think of repair. Funny thing is that I was just searching for fsx.cfg and I can't find it on the hole computer. wondering if this is the problem.

thanks again, will do.

Pro Member Trainee
harm7 Trainee

Dang, the repair didn't work. Guess I'll do a reinstall. Thanks though.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Too bad all that work, let us know how it works out.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
lasse2 Trainee

I had the same problem. Cfg went missing. tried to repair but no luck. Made a total uninstall and manually removed some files. Remember to backup saved flights!)
Reinstalled and all OK.
For people like me with non-english windows ( norwegian-language version) remeber during installation to choose where to put FSX because non-english windows create two different folders and FSX might end in the non-english folder, causing all kinds of problems....

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

You could try a system restore back to the date before the wipe.

Pro Member Trainee
harm7 Trainee

Been a while I know, but I wanted to let everyone know how I restored all my missing missions just in case someone else has this problem.

Kind of by accident I recovered my missions listings in FSX. The problem was that I only had one mission listed inside FSX, although I have approx. 32 missions installed including "Mission Blackhawk" but none except one "Boston Skyscrapper" was showing up.

After looking around in the FSX\Missions sud directory I found that I had 12 other mission sub/dir's there, including the "Mission Blackhawk", "Pilot for Hire", etc. sub/dir.. then I looked for the "Boston Skyscrapper" mission as that was the only one appearing and I found that all the files for Boston were in the root FSX\missions directory, not in a sub named for such.

So as an experiment, I created a sub for Boston "\FSX\Missions\Boston Skyscrapper" and relocated all the files from the \Missions root to this sub. Then I fired up FSX and there they were all 32 plus missions were now available. Weird and I can't tell you how surprised I was, but this really was my last attempt to get my missions back before I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of FSX.

Hope i was not too wordy and explained it well. I am not sure how I lost all the missions, only thing i can figure is prehaps I installed Boston wrong and it blocked all the other missions out.

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

99% of all the trouble i have had with fsx was because of freeware missions. i have no intention of trying any new ones because of that.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...