How about a nice Vought Corsair for FSX?

Pro Member Trainee
jhcorsair Trainee

I'd love to see a detailed Corsair for download.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

jhcorsair wrote:

I'd love to see a detailed Corsair for download.

Something like this?

Pro Member Trainee
jhcorsair Trainee

Exactly! Where can I get it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

This is an fs9 aircraft but considering how many other fs9 a/c work in fsx I think it's worth a try. Obviously you'll be missing some gauges but if you're interested, here we go:

This is the base pack which is actually the complete a/c :

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2754/fs2004-french-chance-vought-f4u-7-corsair/

It's wrapped up in a self-installer so when you run it, you'll have to target a temporary folder and then move the files and folders manually into fsx.
I'd suggest you hand fly it a bit to get a feel for its behavior and then apply the patch which will improve the flight dynamics:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2755/fs2004-alpha-bleu-ciel-french-f4u-7-fix/

This patch also includes two new textures one of which I've used in my screenshot.

NOTE: The a/c is equipped with an arrester hook so you can land on carriers with a hard deck. It also includes a modified panel for carrier operations ie. a CAT launch switch. Whether or not that switch works in fsx I don't know. However... if you're keen and you want to retrofit freeware carriers and fighter a/c, both props and jets in fsx for COPS, it can be done with the necessary file available for fsx.

Have fun Hack

😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

BUMP...

You still with us Mr. jhcorsair?

I figured that in case you're a newbie my last post might have had a scary effect on you 😳 I swear on my guinea pig's life I didn't mean it...

Here's the good news: This beautiful Corsair is now available for FSX.

"Nor-Cal Prop Club give us this beautifully presented revised version of the all time classic Alpha Bleu Ciel Chance Vought F4U-7 Corsair Package - for FSX"

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2756/fsx-vought-corsair-f4u-1/

I would also appeal to all of you who have carriers and are forever looking for COPS capable aircraft for FSX to give this Vought Corsair F4U-7 a try. It looks beautiful, has great flight dynamics, a good soundset, it smokes when you startup the prop, the tailhook works and the very functional and good looking panel even has a CAT launch switch. This baby is ready to go 😀

NOTE: Thankfully this is a manual install. It is straight forward... 'should' you be unsure about any part of the installation, please ask.

Pro Member Trainee
Maddog852 Trainee

The vought F4U corsair is great. However, when i go into the virtual cockpit i can not see out side the windows are just black. all the gauges work but i can not see through the windows. If i open the canopy I can see through the sides but that is it. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Josh

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Maddog852 wrote:

The vought F4U corsair is great. However, when i go into the virtual cockpit i can not see out side the windows are just black. all the gauges work but i can not see through the windows. If i open the canopy I can see through the sides but that is it. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Josh

All my original links have been changed by the Administration. Perhaps our Moderators can help you.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Ridiculous that they are going in and changing links in users posts to downloads on this site itself. The site is becoming a bigger joke per the day.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

It is not free but try the folks over at Wings of Power. Theirs is the best I know of.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...