WATER Texture problem

Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

when i add a water texture add on and i go into flight sim its just this big ugly dark blue and every time i try to change it its still the same help please Crying or Very sad

Answers 22 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

guys can you help me please iv been trying so bad please help me Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

Bran09 wrote:

guys can you help me please iv been trying so bad please help me Crying or Very sad

You have to WAIT for someone to help you don't keep asking.

Have you ever thought that the Dark ugly blue water is suposted to be Dark water i dunno about ugly but in placed like the N/S Pacific, N/S Atlantic, Indian Ocian ect... are Dark water

Placed like Carribean is lighter water so that will be a diffrent sort of light blue/green water color.

You can't get everything perfect just try putting your water setting up full and put on moving waves.

Thats all i can say.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You might want to list the download that you're using with a link. Is this for Flight Simulator 2004(the forum you posted in) or FSX? Is the download for the program that you're using?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Exactly... it is not easy looking for needles in haystacks... give us some clues here as to what it is you have and what you are trying to accomplish.

Edit-

I just checked screenshots forum... looks like you went and downloaded what Fatall is using and now it is not working for you...

Be careful downloading stuff and installing it... unless you KNOW what it will do for YOU, you will end up in this situation.

Always have a backup plan to get out of it.

In this instance, you need to find what you had before and replace those textures in your texture folder.... it will not be easy... but can be done.

Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

okay how do we do that?

Pro Member Chief Captain

well if you want the original water back... you gotta find the texture files... that will be tricky if you already replaced them.

Try searching for default FS2004 water... maybe someone uploaded them somewhere... otherwise if you want I can try and extract the water i use and email it to you, then you plop it in and replace what you have now.

I use Real Environment PRO btw... the installer program did not work for me but I was able to take the textures manually and put them where they need to be. It is free btw.

Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

i tried that enviorment pro the water textures dont appear oh crap thats wright i deleted the light water texture is that why

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

once i get internet in my new computer(well its in my room now) ill upload the default water textures because it seems like every one deletes the water textures, the only problem is if the water textures are copy writed by microsoft

Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

THANKS Acepilot32 and Bel that means alot. 😀

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

ill put them up as soon as i possibly can

Pro Member Chief Captain

you should be able to put them up Ace... it should allow you to.

Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

thanks guys 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The quickest way to get back your original textures is by picking them off your Disk:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11845/here-is-complete-list-of-what-is-on-each-fs9-disk/

I had to recover my water textures a while back, if memory serves it was on Disk2:

FS9 Disk 2

MSGAME3.CAB

Gauges
Indeo
Lessions
Script
Texture
Uires
weather

Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

i cant seem to find god ive looked everywere for the water textures

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Ok, look, lets start out FRESH 😎

1. Download these textures ➡ https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2720/fs2004-new-water-effects/ 😉
2. Have a look at the readme, it should tell you how to install them, they are beautiful water textures IMO 😉

Cheeks

Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

okay ill try them
😀

Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

i cant get a reflection of the water why is that

Pro Member Chief Captain

you are missing a file.

it is called Set_Ocean_Height or something like that... that is what puts the reflections on top.

Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

ye its there but it doesant work huh 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

We'll call that file OceanHeight. You install it in the main texture folder in FS2004, everything else goes into Scenery/World/Texture 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

i did that t its there but no reflections

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...