ALERT! NEW CARRIER IS ABOUT TO BE RELEASED!

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

My VA guys, Flight Sim Nation, was busy trolling the nights away designing a new carrier for FSX multiplayer.

The results are amazing!!!!

- User Controlled Animated jet blast doors
- User Controlled Animated anchors
- Working Meatball
- Working bridge w/ big screen radar monitor
- Cable Cam w/ Tracking Indicator
- User Controlled Animated Elevators (CANNOT RAISE AND LOWER AIRCRAFTS)*

* however there is a second hard deck....great for landing helicopters inside!

Now here is the kicker......

The carrier is to be released on May 22 2009 -

FOR FREE!!!!!

We're also planning a big party on the 22nd when we launch the carrier from Juneau Alaska on our server. It'll be a one month tour around the world with members of Flight Sim Nation in multiplayer. This is the first functional carrier specifically designed with multiplayer in mind, so jump on IP 74.76.65.74 (same address on Ventrilo...) and hang with us.

Last edited by Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) on Mon May 18, 2009 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

😀 Thanks for posting this GundamWZero you'd better remind us again on the day as well!
I saw this the other day but couldn't figure out whether this carrier was of any use for non-multiplayers... any light on this?

BTW, better use this link for non-members:

Pro Member Captain

Yes...but its going to be busy for the operator.....the carrier operation is designed for two.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

So if I downloaded the "Aircraft Carrier converted by Bruce Fitzgerald" --- it would be of no use to me unless I joined Multi player...?

Thanks.

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

One thing I'd like to ask: do the catapults, wires and lights (besides the "meatball") work?

Pro Member Captain

Tailhook wrote:

So if I downloaded the "Aircraft Carrier converted by Bruce Fitzgerald" --- it would be of no use to me unless I joined Multi player...?

Thanks.

That carrier is different from the new Alpha Carrier; hence the comparison picture is of the new carrier and the carrier converted by Bruce. Once FSN (Flight Sim Nation) launches the new carrier in their multiplayer server, the old carrier will go into history. So technically...you will have to download the new carrier to see it in multiplayer.

Last edited by Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) on Tue May 19, 2009 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain

ollyau wrote:

One thing I'd like to ask: do the catapults, wires and lights (besides the "meatball") work?

Cats doesn't work (yet), but the traps (wires) and lights do work. 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Ok, gotcha 😎

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...