HUD display in Virtual Cockpit for F-14D Tomcat download

Pro Member Trainee
Warliss Trainee

Great download, but the HUD display doesn't work in virtual cockpit mode. Any ideas on how to make it work?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Taylor (Flyboy92) First Officer

The Modeler may not have included it in the package...

Flyboy92

Pro Member First Officer
zakk hutton (chez64) First Officer

look on avsim for a seperate hud display

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor (Flyboy92) First Officer

chez64 wrote:

look on avsim for a seperate hud display

That would only work with the 2-D panel. The modeler had to build the VC and is part of the MODEL itself. You can't alter it in any way. The 2-D panel isn't part of the model so there may be a HUD for it, but it won't show up in the VC.

Like i said in my post above, if he didn't model the HUD into the plane, your never going to see it in the VC.

You'll have better luck finding a new one.

Flyboy92

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Which F-14D did you get?

Did you move all the Gauges files from the F14 zip file into the FSX gauges file?

Pro Member Trainee
Warliss Trainee

I downloaded the FSX Grumman F-14D Tomcat Rev 2. Flight dynamics (V 03-07), FDE and Aircraft.cfg by Ivan Kostic. Sound by Christoffer Peterson. FSX aircraft.cfg and panel.cfg rework/migration by Steve Hinson. Model by J. Dobbings and D. Cattaneo. New DFX model in 4 months. FSX rework and original files by Ivan Kostic and Steve Hinson. Carrier ops pack 3 by Rob Barendregt, Doug Dawson and Nick Needham. Rev 2 has all the fixes and updates. FSX default fuel dump function. Speedbrake is opened incrementally. FSX camera views created by Bob Familton. Rev 2 is an auto-installed zip file using WinZip's "Folder As Names" method. Read install instructions for FSUIPC.dll rev 4.9. Overwrite ALL Gauges= YES. Click YES for "TRUST GAUGES?".

I moved all the gauges files from the F-14 zip file into the FSX gauge file including the HUDHornet file folder.

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

There is a rev 3 out. its FSXF14D3.zip. It might be here on Flyaway or its over on Flightsim.

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

Yet, still, I think it has no hud. Its not what you're doing, the modeler needs to build it into the virtual cockpit.

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer
Pro Member Trainee
Warliss Trainee

I appreciate your sending me the JPGs. The first JPG you list shows the 2D cockpit, and the HUD display is active and visible. The second JPG you list shows the virtual cockpit, and there is no Heads-up Display shown.

That's exactly the problem I'm having with the FSX Grumman F-14D Tomcat Rev 2. Flight dynamics (V 03-07) that I downloaded. The HUD is active in the 2d cockpit, but doesn't work in the virtual cockpit.

Once again, I appreciate the JPGs because they highlight the problem.

Pro Member Trainee
shylock (scottyboy39) Trainee

This is a nice modle just wish they would get rid of those stupid red bars on top

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...