fs2004 problem

Pro Member Trainee
flysully Trainee

could someone please help. i have fs2004 installed on my system which has windows vista.every time i change the views the game freezes.to get it to unfreeze i have to minimize it 5 to 6 times.is there something i can download to resolve the problem.please help

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Try running it as administrator

Pro Member Trainee
flysully Trainee

im already running as administrator

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Try changing to Windows XP... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It would help if you told us when the problems started to occur, your system specs and if or when you updated your GFX drivers.
A little more info please.

Pro Member Trainee
flysully Trainee

it started when i got the game and my graphics[chipset family express] card can run it perfectly when it is not frozen.i think i have about 3gigs of ram and i also tried running it in compatibility mode for xp and 2000.specs=Intel pentium dual cpu t2330 @ 1.60 ghz and 3gigs of ram.i havent updated gfx yet either

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

flysully wrote:

.. my graphics card can run it perfectly when it is not frozen

This is one oxymoron I haven't heard before. So, it runs when it's NOT frozen... but it keeps freezing... so how can it run?

Anyway it would have been much simpler had you told us what kind of notebook / laptop you're using. From what I can see, that CPU (T2330) is exclusively used in underpowered notebooks that are good enough for checking your e-mail and writing your assignments but not much else.
Typically, this type of notebook does not have a graphics card but an integrated chip so you don't have to bother trying to update your GFX drivers. Your CPU and RAM will be pretty much exhausted by just pushing Vista over the hill.
I am almost certain that you don't have enough grunt to run FS2004 satisfactorily. You can try to go through your settings within the Sim and push all your sliders to the left, and disable all unnecessary settings.
If your computer still freezes after you have changed the settings to the minimums, I'm afraid I haven't got a clue what might be causing it.
I should also point out to close any other applications while trying to run the Sim. Idea

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Theres your problem, FS is unique in gaming, in that, the better your processor, the better the game runs. I can't go into more detail of that topic as im not quite sure what it exactly means, but in brief, the better the processor the better the FPS

Pro Member Trainee
flysully Trainee

its ok,i solved the problem.my ordinary screen resolution did not run fs2004 properly for some reason.anyway i just switched it to full screen and then the problems didnt occur.the resolution stepped down a bit though.oh and thanks for the help anyway

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

OH, thats what you were referring to!
Sorry i wasn't getting your drift Embarassed
I have that problem also, so i just use full screen, I dont know why tho 😕

Pro Member Trainee
flysully Trainee

Ive also figured out how to keep the resolution without it freezing or switching to full screen mode.go to the control panel,click apperiance and personalization.then you will see under the personalization heading[ajust screen resolution].click it and change the colour setting from 32 bit to a 16 bit.this should solve the problem i had with windows vista.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...