What is going on?

Diaper Rash Guest

Crying or Very sad

I'm having a few problems with the FS 2004 and I was hoping someone could help. Note: The program seemed to work well when I used it several months ago.

1. WHEN APPLYING POWER ON THE GROUND, THE AIRCRAFT(S) WILL SHOOT TO THE LEFT. THUS MAKING IT VERY HARD TO CONTROL DURING TAKE OFF AND TAXIING

2. WHILE IN STRAIGHT AND LEVEL FLIGHT, THE AIRCRAFT WILL OCCASIONALY AND UNEXPECTEDLY MAKE A HARD BANK TO THE LEFT.

3. I CAN ONLY ACHEIVE ABOUT 75% POWER USING THE THROTTLE ON THE JOYSTICK. IT WILL GO TO FULL POWER USING THE F4 KEY. HOWEVER AFTER RELEASING THE KEY, THE POWER QUICKLY DROPS BACK TO ABOUT 75%.

I've tried calibrating the joystick (Logitech Wingman Extreme 3D) using the "settings" option on the program. This does not seem to help even though it's claiming it's calibrated. I've also played with the sensitivity setting with no avail (I usually end up putting them back to medium setting).

Do you think the Joystick is toast or could there be something wrong with the program? What do you all recommend for a good joystick? 😕

Thanks in advance!

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
swanno30 Trainee

I have the same problem everytime I start FS. When I go to callibrate the jostick the rudder is all the way to the left but a twist of the joystick sorts it out.

I have to do this each time I start the sim. If the problem is persisting after calibration then it maybe your joystick. The only thing I can think of is reinstalling drivers???

I have a Saitek Cyborg 3d force feedback joystick which is okay apart from not having an automatic centre spot on it. It's prone to having a life of it's own!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See if these post help you and as far as using the keyboard for a throttle I can't see where it would be sensitive enough to do all that you want.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/3362/fs-2004-rudder-problem/

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/3266/joy-sticks/

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...