ATC Won't Work

Pro Member Trainee
fupi Trainee

Recently I flew an Air Canada flight from Winnipeg to Toronto. I had a problem though.

After Take-off the ATC told me to contact Winnipeg Center. Winnipeg Center gave me my heading, but never contacted me again. They didn't tell me to change frequency or heading. During the flight I even changed heading and altitude myself, but got no response. This is the default ATC.

Any clues as to why, or is it just a glitch? Thank you.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

I sometimes get that, but if I change heading the ATC will tell me to change course.

Have you done this flight through the 'Flight Planner'. If so I normally use direct GPS route, as I found if I had done it as a high altitude route ATC would stop talking to me.

Hope this kind of helps.

Pro Member Trainee
renesis Trainee

I have experienced this. As I recall, you get assigned a heading (usually totally opposite from where you want to go) and then you hear nothing. If you try to deviate they want you back on that same heading to nowhere.

I think what I ended up doing was cancelling IFR through the ATC option and then opening the flight plan in-flight. It's a bug. It's one of the reasons I now use Radar Contact add-on.

Pro Member First Officer
Hongming Zheng (jianqing) First Officer

I had a flight from maybe Buffalo to JFK I think and it was IFR I think, the ATC told me to trun a certain heading on decent for JFK and it lead me away and away from JFK 😳 and after a long time it told me to trun, then after a while it said I am cleared ILS approach. By that time I am over 50nm away! And it tells me decend and maintain 1,500! Imagine your plane in the real world, 50 miles away and hanging at 1,500ft!

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

Exactly what happens to me Renesis, get a heading in the opposite direction fly for bloody miles and if you deviate your heading it tells you to go back to the original heading. I would then end up cancelling the IFR and redoing it midflight but GPS airport to airport direct. A pain in the as*

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...